    you just upgrade it over the previous OS (and will my registry setting be
    saved?)?

    If it matters, im running Windows 2000 Proffesional (sp4)

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV5IFNobWFrb3Y=?=, May 24, 2005

  2. i installed it over xp32 pro , it did not save any settings

    =?Utf-8?B?cnVzc193aWxs?=, May 24, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV5IFNobWFrb3Y=?=

    Patrick Guest

    No you cannot "install over" existing OS.
    Yes you have to reformat.
    and
    NO, nothing of your previous OS or it's registry settings will be saved.

    All new - start from scratch - learn - have fun.

    Patrick, May 24, 2005
  4. not so , i did not format my hd the trial of xp64 gave me the choice

    =?Utf-8?B?cnVzc193aWxs?=, May 24, 2005
  5. So no reformat neccesary, just I have to reinstall everything, I jsut dont
    want tpo bother transfering my music and cartoon collection (around 60 gb)
    onto cd's or other hardrives.

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV5IFNobWFrb3Y=?=, May 25, 2005
  6. yes thats correct , i did the same as i had 2 gig of downloads i did not want
    to delete

    =?Utf-8?B?cnVzc193aWxs?=, May 25, 2005