    john wilcock Guest

    Hi all can i upgrade windows 98 to windows xp pro without losing my files
    i.e. music e.t.c.
    john wilcock, Jul 10, 2005

  2. john wilcock

    Duane Arnold Guest

    john wilcock wrote:

    > Hi all can i upgrade windows 98 to windows xp pro without losing my files
    > i.e. music e.t.c.

    You should somehow back-up your data files and reformat the HDD before doing
    a clean install the XP pro O/S using NTFS, IMHO.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Jul 10, 2005

  3. john wilcock

    JTJersey Guest

    On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 21:02:41 +0100, john wilcock wrote:

    > Hi all can i upgrade windows 98 to windows xp pro without losing my files
    > i.e. music e.t.c.

    Back up your files and do a clean install, but check to see if your system
    will handle XP first or losing your files isn't the only thing you'll have
    to deal with.
    --
    Registered Linux User #267152
    JTJersey, Jul 11, 2005
  4. "john wilcock" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all can i upgrade windows 98 to windows xp pro without losing my files
    > i.e. music e.t.c.

    You can yes.
    Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger, Jul 20, 2005