    Any suggestions for a new camera?
    Thanks in advance,
    Debbie

    Debs, Aug 1, 2003

  2. "Debs" <> wrote in message
    news:bgdkja$5j4$...
    > Hi group,
    > I have a Fuji S304 which I like very much, but I think the time has come

    for
    > an upgrade.
    > I take photographs alongside my Husbands wedding videography business, so

    he
    > can use the stills in the DVD.
    > I'm continually asked by the brides if they can purchase the photos, but

    the
    > largest decent enlargement I can get is 8x10. I'm asked for 12x16 &

    larger.
    > Any suggestions for a new camera?
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Debbie

    Hi Debbie,

    I use a Fuji FinePix S2 Pro teamed up with Nikkor lenses. The stable
    conststs of :-
    AF-S 12~24mm f4 (IF) G ED DX, which is ideal for those tight shots where you
    need a wide field of view - max 99 degrees at 12mm;
    AF 24~85mm f2.8-4 (IF) D, covers most shooting including portraits; and
    AF 70-300mm f4-5.6 ED D which probably has little or no application for
    weddings.

    I find the S2 yields a high resolution (up to 12.1 Mpixels) and gives very
    accurate rendering of flesh tones. The camera is very easy to master after
    just a few hours of shooting. At the highest resolution and shooting in
    CCD-RAW mode, you can get approximately 76 shots on a 1GB flashcard.
    Significantly more in lower resolutions and with jpeg compression.

    Image quality is very good IMHO, considering the price of the camera. I can
    get prints in excess of A3 size with outstanding clarity with this
    combination.

    Other cameras to consider that won't break the bank are the Nikon D100, the
    Sigma SD-9 or some of the Canon models. It might be best to compare the
    differences at http://www.dpreview.com .

    Cheers,
    Alan

    Alan Rutlidge, Aug 1, 2003

  3. Debs

    David Guest

    "Debs" <> wrote in message
    > Hi group,
    > I have a Fuji S304 which I like very much, but I think the time has come

    for
    > an upgrade.
    > I take photographs alongside my Husbands wedding videography business, so

    he
    > can use the stills in the DVD.
    > I'm continually asked by the brides if they can purchase the photos, but

    the
    > largest decent enlargement I can get is 8x10. I'm asked for 12x16 &

    larger.
    > Any suggestions for a new camera?
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Debbie

    I have used a Canon D60 and produced very sharp images up to 16x20 so far. I
    had the print done at www.imagestation.com $14.99 for the print. resolution
    was 3072 x 2048
    Have a great day

    David, Aug 1, 2003
  4. Debs

    Debs Guest

    Many thanks Alan...very informative and useful
    Debbie

    Debs, Aug 2, 2003