    --
    Thanks
    Vic
    Vic, Nov 20, 2003

  2. Vic

    James Haddow Guest

    I would have thought you could just run F-Disk and just delete the partition
    which the Bios exists on.

    James.

    "Vic" <> wrote in message
    > I upgraded a system from a K6-2 system to a Pentium 4. Now it had a 100GB

    WD
    > Hard Drive in it with EZ-Bios installed. Is there a way to remove the
    > EZ-Bios, since I no longer need it because the new motherboard detects the
    > entire drive, without formatting?
    >
    > --
    > Thanks
    > Vic

    ---
    Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.
    James Haddow, Nov 20, 2003

  3. Vic

    philo Guest

    Vic wrote:
    > I upgraded a system from a K6-2 system to a Pentium 4. Now it had a 100GB WD
    > Hard Drive in it with EZ-Bios installed. Is there a way to remove the
    > EZ-Bios, since I no longer need it because the new motherboard detects the
    > entire drive, without formatting?

    there is only one way to remove EZ Bios

    you must bootup with the floppy that you used to install it

    then disable it

    once disabled you can then uninstall it

    if you no longer have the floppy you can download another from maxtor

    i think it;s referred to as the max-blast utility (or something similar)

    also think many other harddrive vendors have something similar

    IIRC formatting the drive or even running fdisk or fdisk /mbr
    won't wipe it out
    philo, Nov 20, 2003
  4. Vic

    Billy Guest

    MaxBlast = Maxtor.
    EZ-Bios = Western Digital.
    Philo is correct use the same program to disable and uninstall.

    Billy, Nov 20, 2003