    version if at all possible? Or is an installation of that OS version
    required? Any insight into 64bit fibre channel HBA (Emulex) device drivers
    would be appreciated.

    =?Utf-8?B?a21tNTE2?=, Jan 27, 2006

  2. There is no upgrade path from x86 Server 2003 to x64 Server 2003, clean
    install only, although both can co-exist nicely in the same environment. I
    bet Charlie can attest to that.

    Here is a link to some resources on Server 2003 x64:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888733

    "Any insight into 64bit fibre channel HBA (Emulex) device drivers would be
    appreciated."
    Sorry, don't know anything about that.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jan 27, 2006

  3. There is no direct upgrade path - it is an entirely new installation. If
    installing onto an existing Server, you should format the partition where it
    is being installed to ensure that no lingering 32-bit file versions remain
    that aren't supposed to be there. As for fibre channel drivers, I honestly
    don't know which ones are included. Your best source there is the
    manufacturer of the card.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 27, 2006
  4. "kmm516" <> wrote in message
    > Can someone point me to documentation or personal experience as to the
    > strategy for upgrading from Windows 2003 Server Enterprise 32bit to x64bit
    > version if at all possible? Or is an installation of that OS version
    > required? Any insight into 64bit fibre channel HBA (Emulex) device drivers
    > would be appreciated.

    Don't know about Emulex, but I can say we have an x64 server at work with a
    QLogic 2340 which works great, including EMC PowerPath and Navisphere
    software.

    Michael D'Angelo, Jan 28, 2006