    install of windows 7? I assume upgrade package is a lot cheaper
    that the full Version of windows 7. Also, I like the idea of not re-
    installing all my software. Thanks.

    lbbss, Sep 20, 2010

  2. lbbss

    John Holmes Guest

    lbbss "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Is it a bad idea to upgrade vista to win 7, as opposed to fresh
    > install of windows 7? I assume upgrade package is a lot cheaper
    > that the full Version of windows 7. Also, I like the idea of not re-
    > installing all my software. Thanks.

    Format the drive, start with the upgrade CD and perform a fresh install.
    Somewhere in the process, you'll be prompted to supply proof of a
    previous version of windows. Slide your original Vista installation disk
    in to supply this proof and the fresh install will continue.

    HTH

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Sep 20, 2010

  3. lbbss

    chuckcar Guest

    lbbss <> wrote in

    > Is it a bad idea to upgrade vista to win 7, as opposed to fresh
    > install of windows 7? I assume upgrade package is a lot cheaper
    > that the full Version of windows 7. Also, I like the idea of not re-
    > installing all my software. Thanks.

    That all depends if you have a name brand consumer computer or not. If
    you do, installing retail Windows 7 would be a very *bad* idea.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Sep 20, 2010
  4. lbbss

    joevan Guest

    On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 12:10:08 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >lbbss <> wrote in
    >
    >> Is it a bad idea to upgrade vista to win 7, as opposed to fresh
    >> install of windows 7? I assume upgrade package is a lot cheaper
    >> that the full Version of windows 7. Also, I like the idea of not re-
    >> installing all my software. Thanks.
    >>

    >That all depends if you have a name brand consumer computer or not. If
    >you do, installing retail Windows 7 would be a very *bad* idea.

    Why is that?

    joevan, Sep 20, 2010
  5. lbbss

    LSMFT Guest

    lbbss wrote:
    > Is it a bad idea to upgrade vista to win 7, as opposed to fresh
    > install of windows 7? I assume upgrade package is a lot cheaper
    > that the full Version of windows 7. Also, I like the idea of not re-
    > installing all my software. Thanks.

    You can do a clean install with the upgrade version.

    --
    LSMFT

    I look outside this morning and everything was in 3D!

    LSMFT, Sep 20, 2010
  6. lbbss

    chuckcar Guest

    joevan <> wrote in

    > On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 12:10:08 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>lbbss <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Is it a bad idea to upgrade vista to win 7, as opposed to fresh
    >>> install of windows 7? I assume upgrade package is a lot cheaper
    >>> that the full Version of windows 7. Also, I like the idea of not
    >>> re- installing all my software. Thanks.
    >>>

    >>That all depends if you have a name brand consumer computer or not. If
    >>you do, installing retail Windows 7 would be a very *bad* idea.

    > Why is that?

    Drivers. Specific to the consumer name brand computer that simply don't
    come with retail windows. In addition, the OEM windows is geared for the
    original computer - which virtually all have wimpy power supples. 90
    watts is common. 200 Watts is exceptional. Power levels that disappeared
    in home built computers with the 386.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Sep 20, 2010
  7. lbbss

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 20:47:35 -0700, lbbss wrote:

    > Is it a bad idea to upgrade vista to win 7, as opposed to fresh install
    > of windows 7? I assume upgrade package is a lot cheaper that the
    > full Version of windows 7. Also, I like the idea of not re- installing
    > all my software. Thanks.

    I like the idea of a fresh install so you don't carry over any faults
    Vista might have had. But if your Vista worked reasonably well and money
    is an issue, go with the upgrade. There really aren't any issues with the
    upgrade itself that I have experienced but I've only done it 3 times.

    Meat Plow, Sep 20, 2010
  8. lbbss

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 12:54:03 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

    > joevan <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 12:10:08 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>lbbss <> wrote in

    >>>That all depends if you have a name brand consumer computer or not. If
    >>>you do, installing retail Windows 7 would be a very *bad* idea.

    >> Why is that?
    >>

    > Drivers. Specific to the consumer name brand computer that simply don't
    > come with retail windows. In addition, the OEM windows is geared for the
    > original computer - which virtually all have wimpy power supples. 90
    > watts is common. 200 Watts is exceptional. Power levels that disappeared
    > in home built computers with the 386.

    Huh <scratches head> can someone translate this from chucktard-speak for
    me please?

    Meat Plow, Sep 20, 2010
  9. lbbss

    Buffalo Guest

    LSMFT wrote:

    I wonder how many people here know what those initials stand for??
    Buffalo
    PS: Has to do with a cigarette brand

    Buffalo, Sep 20, 2010
  10. lbbss

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 09:27:05 -0600, Buffalo wrote:

    > LSMFT wrote:
    >
    > I wonder how many people here know what those initials stand for??
    > Buffalo
    > PS: Has to do with a cigarette brand

    Loose Straps means Floppy Tits.

    At least that was the acronym we came up with as kids.

    Meat Plow, Sep 20, 2010
  11. lbbss

    LSMFT Guest

    Buffalo wrote:
    > LSMFT wrote:
    >
    > I wonder how many people here know what those initials stand for??
    > Buffalo
    > PS: Has to do with a cigarette brand

    I knew a guy in the Navy that it stood for Lousy Stinking Motherfucking
    Timberman. I guess that was as ship.

    LSMFT, Sep 20, 2010
  12. lbbss

    joevan Guest

    wrote:

    >LSMFT wrote:
    >
    >I wonder how many people here know what those initials stand for??
    >Buffalo
    >PS: Has to do with a cigarette brand

    I know, "Lucky Strike Means fucking tumors."

    joevan, Sep 20, 2010
  13. lbbss

    Dan C Guest

    :

    >>> Why is that?
    >>>

    >> Drivers. Specific to the consumer name brand computer that simply don't
    >> come with retail windows. In addition, the OEM windows is geared for
    >> the original computer - which virtually all have wimpy power supples.
    >> 90 watts is common. 200 Watts is exceptional. Power levels that
    >> disappeared in home built computers with the 386.

    > Huh <scratches head> can someone translate this from chucktard-speak for
    > me please?

    Sure.

    "He's just as stupid as you are".

    Hard to believe, but true.

    Bugger off, troll boi.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he wiped the vomit from his chin.

    Dan C, Sep 20, 2010
  14. lbbss

    Anyone Guest

    On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 12:10:08 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

    > lbbss <> wrote in
    >
    >> Is it a bad idea to upgrade vista to win 7, as opposed to fresh install
    >> of windows 7? I assume upgrade package is a lot cheaper that the
    >> full Version of windows 7. Also, I like the idea of not re-
    >> installing all my software. Thanks.
    >>

    > That all depends if you have a name brand consumer computer or not. If
    > you do, installing retail Windows 7 would be a very *bad* idea.

    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

    Anyone, Sep 20, 2010
  15. lbbss

    Buffalo Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 14:34:08 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Huh <scratches head> can someone translate this from chucktard-speak
    >> for me please?

    > You know the 1000 monkeys typing on 1000 keyboards eventually pounding
    > out the works of Shakespeare? The monkeys now are on Usenet posting as
    > chucktard.

    C'mon Evan, let it go and get on with your life!!!
    You sound intelligent, so damn it, think it out and have some fun.
    Buffalo

    Buffalo, Sep 21, 2010
  16. lbbss

    Mike Yetto Guest

    Evan Platt <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 14:34:08 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow
    ><> wrote:

    >>Huh <scratches head> can someone translate this from chucktard-speak for
    >>me please?

    >You know the 1000 monkeys typing on 1000 keyboards eventually pounding
    >out the works of Shakespeare? The monkeys now are on Usenet posting as
    >chucktard.

    Chucktard's posts are probably easier for the monkeys, but you
    can check out the last known results of the simulation at
    <URL:http://everything2.com/title/Monkey+Shakespeare+Simulator>.

    #v+
    Rather than match characters from the entire page submitted by
    each monkey, the program only read from the beginning of a page
    to the end, because it only looks for an exact match as opposed
    to the fewest mistakes made by a monkey. Sometime around
    February of 2005 the last documented total of characters matched
    occured. It was 24 characters matched from Henry IV part 2. Most
    likely higher totals were achieved (my highest was sixteen
    characters from The Tempest), but unfortunately, they were not
    documented. It took 2,737,850 million billion billion billion
    monkey-years for them to achieve this record. A year in the
    program passes every second. Monkey years are the number of years
    multiplied by the number of monkeys.
    #v-

    Mike "very big numbers, very low probability" Yetto
    In practice they are not.

    Mike Yetto, Sep 21, 2010
  17. lbbss

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 16:23:05 +0000, Dan C wrote:

    > On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 14:34:08 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 12:54:03 +0000, chuckcar wrote:
    >>
    >>> joevan <> wrote in

    > :

    >>> Drivers. Specific to the consumer name brand computer that simply
    >>> don't come with retail windows. In addition, the OEM windows is geared
    >>> for the original computer - which virtually all have wimpy power
    >>> supples. 90 watts is common. 200 Watts is exceptional. Power levels
    >>> that disappeared in home built computers with the 386.

    >> Huh <scratches head> can someone translate this from chucktard-speak
    >> for me please?

    > Sure.
    >
    > "He's just as stupid as you are".
    >
    > Hard to believe, but true.
    >
    > Bugger off, troll boi.

    BWaaaaaaaaaaahahah the "format your hard drive" troll calling others
    troll. Too fucking funny, you just can't make this shit up :)

    I guess you are so lonely that the more trolls here in your mind = more
    friends. That's fucking psychotic you witless pisswit.

    Meat Plow, Sep 21, 2010
  18. lbbss

    Dan C Guest

    On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 15:09:38 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 16:23:05 +0000, Dan C wrote:

    >> :

    >>> Huh <scratches head> can someone translate this from chucktard-speak
    >>> for me please?

    >> Sure.
    >>
    >> "He's just as stupid as you are".
    >>
    >> Hard to believe, but true.
    >>
    >> Bugger off, troll boi.

    > B<SPANK>

    I said, "Bugger off, troll boi."

    Learn to listen to your superiors, boy.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he tried to learn COBOL.

    Dan C, Sep 22, 2010
  19. lbbss

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 01:59:52 +0000, Dan C wrote:

    > On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 15:09:38 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

    >>> :

    >>> Sure.
    >>>
    >>> "He's just as stupid as you are".
    >>>
    >>> Hard to believe, but true.
    >>>
    >>> Bugger off, troll boi.

    >> <cowardly snip restore>
    >> BWaaaaaaaaaaahahah the "format your hard drive" troll calling others
    >> troll. Too fucking funny, you just can't make this shit up
    >>
    >> I guess you are so lonely that the more trolls here in your mind =
    >> more friends. That's fucking psychotic you witless pisswit.

    > I said, "Bugger off, troll boi."

    Which means less than nothing.

    > Learn to listen to your superiors, boy.

    You first, Fucksnot.

    Meat Plow, Sep 22, 2010
  20. lbbss

    Dan C Guest

    On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 13:49:05 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

    >>> <cowardly snip restore>

    Ahhhh, but it's perfectly fine when *YOU* do it, eh? You do it on nearly
    every post you make in reply to me. Why is that OK?

    LOL. A hypocrite as well as a troll. Nice combo.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he harpooned Flipper.

    Dan C, Sep 22, 2010