    I have Windows XP Home Edition on a computer that is no longer working. The
    recommedned OS for a new computer that I wish to buy is Windows XP Pro. Is
    there a way I can upgrade Home Edition for the Pro Edition?
    J Roden, Jul 28, 2008

  2. yes, you can buy a retail "upgrade" version. You will likely have to look
    around a bit, however, since Microsoft no longer officially sells Windows
    XP.

    If the new computer comes with Windows XP Pro, it's likely an OEM version,
    and probably cheaper than buying a retail upgrade version.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 28, 2008