    download version available?

    the othe questions is, where can I download a ful version of windows xp
    professional x64 edition?

    Alex, Nov 25, 2007

  2. 1.) There is NO upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit of any MS operating system. It
    will ALWAYS be a full, clean, install.
    2.) There is no download of the 64bit available.
    3.) If your laptop came with Vista, it's an OEM version and you'll need to
    buy your copy of Vista 64 - only the retail version gives you the right to
    install either version. (notice I didn't say both.)
    4.) I don't believe there is any longer an eval version of XP Professional
    x64 Edition available for download. You'd need to buy a copy. The XP x64
    version was never offered at retail, only as an OEM/System Builder version,
    but is widely available from local system builders or online folks such as
    NCIX.com and Newegg.com.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64