    of Telecom NZ Ltd, the right to use the contents of this digital
    communication for any purpose whatsoever, whether in whole or in part -
    regardless of how it is stored or transmitted through Xtra's network.

    Lennier, Nov 21, 2003

  2. Lennier

    dOTdASH Guest

    "Lennier" <> wrote in message
    news:pan.2003.07.07.10.44.02.509956@TRACKER...
    > This upgrade from 0.14.0.0 to 0.14.0.90 is definitely worth the time to
    > compile and install.
    >
    > It's much faster, and with several bugfixes.
    >
    > Lennier
    >

    > --
    > I specifically DENY Xtra, and Telecom NZ Ltd, and all other subsidiaries
    > of Telecom NZ Ltd, the right to use the contents of this digital
    > communication for any purpose whatsoever, whether in whole or in part -
    > regardless of how it is stored or transmitted through Xtra's network.

    oh really ? wow ! way cool ! psssst..... looks like there's a few bugs left

    dOTdASH, Nov 21, 2003

  3. Lennier

    Jay Guest

    Lennier wrote:

    > This upgrade from 0.14.0.0 to 0.14.0.90 is definitely worth the time to
    > compile and install.

    They have said that about every version since 0.11.2!

    > It's much faster, and with several bugfixes.

    .... and with some new bugs to be fixed next release.

    Try knode instead.
    It is stable - has been for ages - and it works properly.
    Unlike Pan - for every upgrade seems to make it worse.

    Jay, Nov 21, 2003
  4. On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 23:20:06 +1100, Jay wrote:

    > Try knode instead.
    > It is stable - has been for ages - and it works properly.
    > Unlike Pan - for every upgrade seems to make it worse.

    This thread prompted me to try Pan again, and I discovered that the
    version included with Mandrake 9.2 is 0.14.2 - does that mean it's newer
    than 0.14.0.90? Whatever the case, it seems OK to me. I like playing
    around with newsreaders in Linux. My favourite is GNUs, and I like KNode,
    but I am interested in monitoring the development of Pan and
    sylpheed-claws.

    Max Quordlepleen, Nov 21, 2003
  5. Lennier

    harry Guest

    "Jay" <> wrote in message
    > Lennier wrote:
    >
    > > This upgrade from 0.14.0.0 to 0.14.0.90 is definitely worth the time to
    > > compile and install.

    > They have said that about every version since 0.11.2!

    Pretty old news now Jay
    Pan is now 14.2, and available as a compiled binary in most distros.
    I'm newsreader agnostic, I have knode, mozilla, pan and sylpheed and OE
    Its easiest to <plonk> roger in pan :)

    harry, Nov 21, 2003
  6. Lennier

    Jay Guest

    Lennier wrote:

    > On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 22:13:25 +1000, Jay wrote:
    >
    >> My knode is only 0.7.1 but is very stable. I guess by the time Knode
    >> gets to 0.14 is will be very very stable.

    > And does it have SLRN/Xnews scoring?

    What would you want that for?

    > Does it have advanced filtering capabilities?

    Why? My eyes and brain do it automatically.

    > Does it have yEnc encoding/decoding ability?

    Haven't needed yEnc (whatever that is) so who cares?

    Jay, Nov 22, 2003