Upgrade to MCSE 2k3 BEFORE gaining MCSE2k

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Burnsie, Dec 17, 2003.

  1. Burnsie

    Burnsie Guest

    Hello folks.

    Here is my situation.

    I'm a NT4 MCSE who is now just getting round to completing
    the 2000 MCSE. - for my last (design) exam i plan on
    doing "2003 Security" (yes you can sit a 2003 design exam
    for your 2000 MCSE)

    Now here's the question - Could i take the 292 & 296 2003
    upgrade exams BEFORE i sit my design exam for 2000 MCSE?

    My reasoning is that the 292 & 296 upgrade exams will give
    me a better understanding of the differences between 2000
    & 2003 hence better prepairing me for the 2003 security
    design exam.

    Has anyone gone down this route - or am i going to have to
    email MS ??
    Burnsie, Dec 17, 2003

  2. Burnsie

    JK Guest

    I would venture a guess that no, you can't do it this way. You must be an
    MCSE on 2000 before 70-292 and 70-296 will count toward certification for
    2003. Finish your design test and get your 2000 cert, then start working on
    2003.

    JK

    JK, Dec 17, 2003

  3. Burnsie

    Guest Guest

    I relise that the 70-292 and 70-296 won't upgrade my
    MCSE2000 until i've taken the final design exam. What i'm
    wondering is is there any kind of verification when you
    book these exams. I don't really want to sit a Win2k
    design exam, as i'm involved in a major rollout of 2003
    and would like my certs to reflect my real life experiance.

    Guest, Dec 17, 2003
  4. Burnsie

    Ron Guest

    I don't know for sure, but I would bet that before you
    can sign up for either 292 or 296, they will verify that
    you are W2K MCSE. Without it, they probably won't even
    let you register for the exams. You will have to
    complete 2K and be an acknowledged W2K MCSE before M$
    will take your money for 292 and 296.

    in

    Ron, Dec 17, 2003
  5. Burnsie

    Ric Guest

    You reckon? I'm willing to bet that Microsoft would take anyone's money for
    anything at any time!

    Ric, Dec 17, 2003
  6. In article <037401c3c499$78272ea0$>,
    says...

    > Here is my situation.
    >
    > I'm a NT4 MCSE who is now just getting round to completing
    > the 2000 MCSE. - for my last (design) exam i plan on
    > doing "2003 Security" (yes you can sit a 2003 design exam
    > for your 2000 MCSE)
    >
    > Now here's the question - Could i take the 292 & 296 2003
    > upgrade exams BEFORE i sit my design exam for 2000 MCSE?
    >
    > My reasoning is that the 292 & 296 upgrade exams will give
    > me a better understanding of the differences between 2000
    > & 2003 hence better prepairing me for the 2003 security
    > design exam.
    >
    > Has anyone gone down this route - or am i going to have to
    > email MS ??

    You can take any exam you want.

    Laura
    Laura A. Robinson [MVP], Dec 17, 2003
  7. In article <091601c3c4ab$09af9720$>,
    says...
    > I relise that the 70-292 and 70-296 won't upgrade my
    > MCSE2000 until i've taken the final design exam. What i'm
    > wondering is is there any kind of verification when you
    > book these exams. I don't really want to sit a Win2k
    > design exam, as i'm involved in a major rollout of 2003
    > and would like my certs to reflect my real life experiance.

    You can take any exam you like. There are no "pre-requisite" exams, only
    requisite exams for the certification.

    Laura
    Laura A. Robinson [MVP], Dec 17, 2003
  8. U can't, U first need to be MCSE 2000 certified, then U can take the 70-292
    & 70-296 exams to upgrade to MCSE 2003.

    Oscar

    Oscar Mathibe, Dec 18, 2003