    nothing seems to help. Could the router be the problem?
    --
    Janice

    Janice, Jan 18, 2008

  2. Hi
    If your Internet connection at the modem is Faster than your Wireless
    connection a faster Wireless would provide better Internet.
    If you do a lot of file transfer between local computers, a faster Wireless
    would provide faster Network transfer.
    However the Router and or the Wireless has nothing what so ever to do with
    the speed of the computer itself.
    Check your computer for Viruses and Spyware, then go through this process,
    http://www.ezlan.net/clean.html#refreshnet
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 18, 2008

  3. Janice

    Jim Guest

    "Janice" <> wrote in message
    >I am using a linksys wireless B router-2.4 GH 802.11b. to connect 2
    >desktops
    > and 2 laptops. On "my" computer (a desktop) i use a netgear WG111
    > adapter.
    > Will upgrading the router and adapter make my computer faster? I am
    > running
    > Windows XP and have noticed a big slowdown on my computer. I have done all
    > the spyware and antivirus checks recommended in the discussion groups and
    > nothing seems to help. Could the router be the problem?
    > --
    > Janice

    A wireless G router will allow quicker transfers between the router and a
    computer
    with a wireless G adapter. In short, to see significant improvements in
    transfer time, the
    router and all computers must be using wireless G.

    Jim

    Jim, Jan 19, 2008