    needed?

    Thanks and Kind Regards
    Thorsten

    Thorsten Schmitt, Jun 26, 2007

  2. There is no MCSE 2008. They've incorporated it into their MCTS/MCITP
    certifications. I guess once you get seven of them, you could consider it the
    equivalent of an MCSE 2008, but Microsoft doesn't.

    You can't upgrade directly from MCSA/MCSE 2000 to 2008 anything.

    If you want to go the upgrade route, you have to first upgrade to 2003 (you
    only have nine months to take the 70-292/70-296 exams before they expire),
    then upgrade to 2008.

    Or wait and take the 2008 exams directly.
    --
    Larry J. West, MCSD, MCPD, MCTS x5, MOUS, FLMI, ACS

    =?Utf-8?B?TGFycnlXZXN0TUNTRA==?=, Jun 28, 2007

  3. Thorsten Schmitt

    John R Guest

    "LarryWestMCSD" <LarryWest-at-hotmail-dot-com> wrote in message
    > There is no MCSE 2008. They've incorporated it into their MCTS/MCITP
    > certifications. I guess once you get seven of them, you could consider it
    > the
    > equivalent of an MCSE 2008, but Microsoft doesn't.
    >
    > You can't upgrade directly from MCSA/MCSE 2000 to 2008 anything.
    >
    > If you want to go the upgrade route, you have to first upgrade to 2003
    > (you
    > only have nine months to take the 70-292/70-296 exams before they expire),
    > then upgrade to 2008.
    >
    > Or wait and take the 2008 exams directly.
    > --

    I know this is nit-picking a little, but I think it's important to spell it
    out for anyone interested.

    You can "upgrade" from 2000 to 2003 by taking 70-292/70-296.
    You can also "upgrade" from 2000 to 2003 by taking 70-290/70-291 instead of
    70-292, and by taking 70-293/70-294 instead of taking 70-296.
    As Larry pointed out, 70-292 and 70-296 will expire in March/2008.
    The other tests have not been targeted to expire, and that path will still
    be open beyond March/2008 and for some time to come.

    John R

    John R, Jun 28, 2007