    One says that it is not possible and only a clean install will do

    another says that first you have to install 98

    any opinions?

    Karma_Maps, Mar 12, 2007

  2. There is no direct upgrade path from Windows 95 to Windows XP. You must
    first upgrade the computer to at least Windows 98. If that matter, any
    computer still running Windows 95 probably could not support Windows
    XP's hardware requirements. Here is Microsoft KB article concerning the
    subject: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/292607

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 12, 2007

  3. exactly like michael said

    You can upgrade to windows 98 and then you can upgrade to windows xp (whats
    the point of this? you'll just run into problems eventually with this
    method)

    Save yourself a headache and do a clean install of XP (if your hardware is
    capable of course)

    Keith Chilton, Mar 12, 2007