    (two exams 444 and 443)? My concern is how brutal an upgrade exam may be
    compared to two seperate exams in regards to number of questions, toughness
    of questions, etc. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    ChrisR, Sep 21, 2007

  2. ChrisR

    Guest Guest

    I am in the process of studying for 70-431 now. Any advice? I have read MS
    Training book and have the exam cram book. Did you find it to be an easy
    exam?

    Guest, Sep 23, 2007

  3. "msnews.microsoft.com" <msnews.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > I am in the process of studying for 70-431 now. Any advice? I have read MS
    > Training book and have the exam cram book. Did you find it to be an easy
    > exam?
    >

    > "ChrisR" <> wrote in message
    > >I am currenlty an MCDBA, and have also already passed 70-431. I want to
    > >move up to 2005, but don't know if I should upgrade (1 exam 70-447) or
    > >re-cert (two exams 444 and 443)? My concern is how brutal an upgrade exam
    > >may be compared to two seperate exams in regards to number of questions,
    > >toughness of questions, etc. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

    What experience do you have on the tested technology?

    Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -
    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Sep 23, 2007
  4. ChrisR

    Guest Guest

    I have a few years with SQL 2005, mostly in basic admin. My weekest points
    are technologies that I do not use on a regulat basis... XML and Service
    Broker.

    "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <> wrote in
    message news:O2qR%23wh$...

    Guest, Sep 24, 2007
  5. "msnews.microsoft.com" <msnews.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > I have a few years with SQL 2005, mostly in basic admin. My weekest points
    > are technologies that I do not use on a regulat basis... XML and Service
    > Broker.
    >

    > "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <> wrote in
    > message news:O2qR%23wh$...
    > > "msnews.microsoft.com" <msnews.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > >> I am in the process of studying for 70-431 now. Any advice? I have read
    > >> MS
    > >> Training book and have the exam cram book. Did you find it to be an easy
    > >> exam?
    > >>

    > >> "ChrisR" <> wrote in message
    > >> >

    > > What experience do you have on the tested technology?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Michael D. Alligood, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST
    > > CertGuard, Inc. - http://www.certguard.com/
    > > Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -
    > > microsoft.public.certification.exam.security

    Visit http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-431.mspx#E3DAC and
    review the skills being measured. You can judge your experience based on
    knowing what you will be tested on.

    Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -
    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Sep 24, 2007
  6. Having taken the 447 Upgrade exam myself I can tell you this. Its nothing
    more than 443 and 444 smacked together. I will say that in itself can be
    brutal because of the differing natures of the two exams. One exam is a case
    study while the other is multiple choice. I was pretty brain dead after
    taking it and looking back (while I passes the exam fine enough) would have
    rather done them one at a time instead of in a single upgrade exam.

    But thats just me. I'm the type who, while taking countless versions, hate
    case study exams. So if you're also not fond of them I'd suggest you
    consider taking the two exams seperately. Good luck with the exam, or exams
    if you prefer.

    --
    ..rev

    accepting it"
    ~Aristotle
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Sep 24, 2007
  7. ChrisR

    ChrisR Guest

    This is exactly the insight I was looking for, thanks!

    ChrisR, Sep 25, 2007
  8. You're welcome.

    --
    ..rev

    accepting it"
    ~Aristotle
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Sep 25, 2007
  9. ChrisR

    vin Guest

    On Sep 22, 2:50 am, "ChrisR" <> wrote:
    > I am currenlty an MCDBA, and have also already passed 70-431. I want to move
    > up to 2005, but don't know if I should upgrade (1 exam 70-447) or re-cert
    > (two exams 444 and 443)? My concern is how brutal an upgrade exam may be
    > compared to two seperate exams in regards to number of questions, toughness
    > of questions, etc. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

    Hi Chrisr,

    Can u please provide me MCDBA learning Material.

    Thanks a lot.
    Vin
    vin, Oct 3, 2007