    any way to rename
    or copy the system to c:\WINDOWS?

    Thanks.
    nospam, Jan 24, 2005

  2. nospam

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "nospam" <> wrote in message news:...
    |I upgrade from Win2000 to XP Pro but it upgraded in c:\WINNT. Is there
    | any way to rename
    | or copy the system to c:\WINDOWS?
    |

    | Thanks.

    I wouldn't advise it. Too many possible problems.

    You could have done a clean install from your XP upgrade CD - it would allow
    you put your W2K CD in as proof that you qualify for the upgrade. That's
    what I would have done.
    Toolman Tim, Jan 25, 2005

  3. nospam

    nospam Guest

    I didn't want to reload everything. I was amazed at how well and trouble
    free the upgrade did!

    nospam, Jan 25, 2005