Upgrade from W2KAS to W03 Enterprise - Workgroup Woes.......

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by jimmy, Jan 17, 2004.

  1. jimmy

    jimmy Guest

    Hello,

    I do not profess myself as a network guru, however i have come across a
    problem that i have just not been able to resolve on my own and am hoping
    that someone here can help me out.

    I have recently upgraded W2K AS to W2003Enterprise on my server. This is an
    internal network not exposed to the internet and services only 3 boxes
    including the server. It is setup as fixed IPs (192.168.1.X) subnet
    255.255.255.0 on all boxes. For permissions, i have everyone accessible to
    the file drives on th server. Since the upgrade however, i have been
    unable to access the files on the server from the other two boxes. The
    other two boxes are running W2K and XP. The Win2K box as auto login on
    start up with administrator/(No password) and the XP box as a username/(No
    password) for login. The server has administrator/(No password).

    From the server I can access the shared drives on the W2K and XP boxes, but
    not the other way around.
    It is built on a workgroup (No Domain)

    When i go into MS Windows Network, i see the workgroup and then all 3 boxes
    from all three PCs, however i cannot view the shared folders on the server
    itself.

    It was working perfectly fine until the upgrade of W2KAS.
    Any suggestions as to what i should check ????

    Thanks allot :)

    Cheers,

    --
    reply to for info.