    Still no Adaptec 39320 RAID drivers, however. Also no DAT support in
    Backup.

    -Larry

    Larry Hodges, Sep 8, 2006

  2. On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 18:49:48 +0100, Larry Hodges
    <> wrote:

    > Just an update...
    >
    > I upgraded from Beta2 x64 to RC1 x64 without issue. The upgrade has to
    > be
    > started from within Beta2, not from the CD. And your Beta2 key will be
    > needed, so don't forget to print out that email before you start!

    Or Alt-Tab, during install, copy and paste!!!!

    Mark Gillespie, Sep 8, 2006

  3. Larry Hodges

    Larry Hodges Guest

    "Mark Gillespie" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 18:49:48 +0100, Larry Hodges
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Just an update...
    >>
    >> I upgraded from Beta2 x64 to RC1 x64 without issue. The upgrade has to
    >> be
    >> started from within Beta2, not from the CD. And your Beta2 key will be
    >> needed, so don't forget to print out that email before you start!

    > Or Alt-Tab, during install, copy and paste!!!!

    If I remember correctly, you start the upgrade from within Beta2, RC1
    restarts the system and begins the install. You are no longer in Beta2 when
    prompted for the key.

    -Larry

    Larry Hodges, Sep 8, 2006
  4. On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 20:31:28 +0100, Larry Hodges
    <> wrote:

    > "Mark Gillespie" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 18:49:48 +0100, Larry Hodges
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Just an update...
    >>>
    >>> I upgraded from Beta2 x64 to RC1 x64 without issue. The upgrade has to
    >>> be
    >>> started from within Beta2, not from the CD. And your Beta2 key will be
    >>> needed, so don't forget to print out that email before you start!

    >> Or Alt-Tab, during install, copy and paste!!!!

    > If I remember correctly, you start the upgrade from within Beta2, RC1
    > restarts the system and begins the install. You are no longer in Beta2
    > when
    > prompted for the key.
    >
    > -Larry

    Mine asked me early on, I could still cut and paste from my original email.

    Mark Gillespie, Sep 8, 2006
  5. Here is a Visual Tutorial:
    http://activewin.com/articles/2006/16.shtml
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Sep 8, 2006
  6. Latecomers to Vista Beta like me will have activated over the phone. I
    certainly didn't write down my key - just entered it as it was dictated to
    me. if I do an upgrade to RC1 (which I'm painfully downloading now) will I
    need to activate again?

    I had to do it verbally because the automated system got many many errors -
    probably because the Guatemalan broadband is pretty rough.

    Colin

    =?Utf-8?B?U3BpcmVmbQ==?=, Sep 9, 2006
  7. Yes. You can use SIW http://www.gtopala.com/about_siw.html in 5384 x86 to
    discover the PK. It is under Software/Secrets.

    Colin Barnhorst, Sep 9, 2006
  8. Larry Hodges

    - Bobb - Guest

    Andre ,

    Should I take that Nutrislim ad banner personally ?

    To confirm, to NOT wipe out my previous install, I'll start RC1 from x64
    Vista Beta2 and then it will reboot.
    Can I then leave ( and have it finish on its own) or do I need to answer
    any questions ?
    I read :
    " my clean install of Vista took around 42 minutes (others have reported
    20 to 30 mins), while the upgrade took a lot more, nearly 5 hours. " (
    for XP)

    Can I expect it to be 5 hours to go from Beta 2 to RC1 ( in which case I
    cannot put off yard work!) or if not what's typical for just this
    upgrade from Beta 2 - any feedback from those that have done it ?

    Thanks for the help
    Bobb

    - Bobb -, Sep 11, 2006
  9. Larry Hodges

    - Bobb - Guest

    Sorry - I was in the wrong group - I found the answer over in Vista

    - Bobb -, Sep 11, 2006