    allow the upgrade from 32 to 64 and will not work any more. Is there some
    program written by Microsoft which can assure me that nothing will go wrong
    if I upgrade?
    =?Utf-8?B?SGlkZGUgdmFuIGRlciBLb29pag==?=, Jul 8, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SGlkZGUgdmFuIGRlciBLb29pag==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    No. You are on your own to check out each piece of hardware and software to
    make sure it is 64-bit Vista compatible or has 64-bit drivers.

    "Hidde van der Kooij" <Hidde van der > wrote
    in message news:D...
    John Barnes, Jul 8, 2007

  3. As John points out, you need to do your own homework here. Start with your
    laptop mfg - make sure that there are drivers for everything built into that
    laptop for 64bit. Beyond that, however, you need to understand that if you
    bought your laptop with built in Vista, it is an OEM copy of Vista and you
    will need to buy a new 64-bit version - there are no switch rights for OEM
    versions of Vista.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 9, 2007
  4. Thanks for the tips, and so soon :)
    =?Utf-8?B?SGlkZGUgdmFuIGRlciBLb29pag==?=, Jul 9, 2007