    can enter the valid license key without doing a complete reinstall? Right
    now I can't find any place to do a license upgrade of any kind.

    Thanks.
    =?Utf-8?B?TmlnZWxi?=, May 22, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TmlnZWxi?=

    John Barnes Guest

    If your trial has not expired, you can do a repair install. That is the one
    at the second option page in the install process AFTER you accept the
    license. You will have to redo the Windows Updates but the rest your
    programs will be retained.

    John Barnes, May 22, 2007

  3. John:

    Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I came in this morning and found the
    expiration of the trial notice on my desktop. I lost track of the time and
    now I'm scrambling - i thought I would have gotten a few days notice before
    the expiration date. (Guess procrastination just bit me in the rear-end.)
    I'm hoping there is a method to apply a license upgrade like most other
    software products...

    Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?TmlnZWxi?=, May 22, 2007
  4. Actually, you can do a repair install even if the license has expired. But
    if it hasn't expired, you can do an in place upgrade from within the current
    version. See my blog for details.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 22, 2007
  5. You can still do a repair installation. But you have lost the ability to do
    an in place upgrade from within the running current version. It's not a big
    deal in either case - a repair install is still a good option and will
    retain most of your settings.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 22, 2007
  6. Thank you very much Charlie - I will try that!

    =?Utf-8?B?TmlnZWxi?=, May 22, 2007