Upgrade a Novell Groupwise client?

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Tony Sivori, Oct 25, 2003.

  1. Tony Sivori

    Tony Sivori Guest

    I had a residential service call today and after I quickly diagnosed and
    fixed the problem on a seven year old Gateway P233 running Windows 95, the
    customer asked if I could upgrade his Groupwise client because the
    University server was about to stop supporting his current version.

    I don't know anything about Groupwise other than it is a Novell program. I
    admitted this to the customer, but said I would look into it if he didn't
    mind my lack of experience. He had no problem with that.

    How difficult is it to upgrade a healthy working groupwise installation?

    BTW, I asked what version he is currently running and what version he
    would be upgrading to, and in the true absent minded professor (which he
    is) manner, he did not know what version he was running or what the new
    version is. But he did know that his current hardware meets the minimum
    requirements of the new version.

    Should I stay far away from this or is it, assuming all goes well, point
    and click?

    --
    Tony Sivori

    Tony Sivori, Oct 25, 2003

  2. Tony Sivori

    Tony Sivori Guest

    Adam Leinss wrote:
    > Tony Sivori <TonySivoriM$> wrote:
    >
    >> How difficult is it to upgrade a healthy working groupwise
    >> installation?
    >>

    > I've done new installs of Groupwise and it wasn't all that hard to
    > install. I assume the upgrade would work the same. I wouldn't, however,
    > proceed until you know exactly what version is needed for his PC. Maybe
    > try calling his university's Help Desk for that information.
    >
    > Adam

    I hadn't thought of that, thanks.

    --
    Tony Sivori