    I was told that the upgrades exam from 2000 MCSE to 2003 MCSE are not
    available anymore. Is this true?

    Thank you,

    Nick, Dec 10, 2008

  2. That is correct. You have to take 70-290 and 70-291 instead of 70-292, and
    70-293 and 70-294 instead of 70-296. If you look at the "skills being
    measured," they are 99% the same.
    --
    Larry J. West, MCSD, MCPD, MCITP, MCTS x8, MCSA, MOS x2, FLMI, ACS

    LarryWestMCSD, Dec 10, 2008

  3. Nick

    Ana Guest

    I begin to learn about mcse and I'll make a test to have got a certification
    and I"d like know if exist this test to download for treinee

    Ana, Dec 11, 2008
  4. Nick

    Ana Guest

    Hi Larry

    Can I make a download this test in the internet to make a trenee

    Ana, Dec 11, 2008
  5. Ana:
    I hope you mean sample questions and not the questions that are actually on
    the exam. Asking for the latter is actually asking me to violate the
    copyright laws of my country and asking me to risk all of my certifications,
    since that is the punishment that Microsoft metes out to those who knowingly
    give out the real questions, not to mention the fines and possible jail time
    I might get. Even if your country does not have copyright laws, Microsoft can
    and will still remove all of your certifications and forbid you from taking
    any more exams. It is really not worth it, nor is it necessary.

    If you want sample questions, links to the companies that sell them, such as
    MeasureUp and Transcender, are on the Microsoft certification website. They
    use to offer free sample questions (perhaps they still do) to give you a
    feeling for what the questions will look like. Many of the books available
    for sale have sample questions also.

    You will find that after a few exams, you will no longer need sample
    questions as you kind of know what type of questions are going to be asked. I
    suggest you do the following:
    1. Read and understand the "skills being measured" section of the
    Preparation Guide.
    2. Ask yourself: "If I was writing a question on this topic, what would I
    say?" In other words, try to put yourself in the exam writers' mind. Some
    Microsoft exam writers have their own blog -- read them to see what is
    important to them.
    I have a blog at http://larrywest.spaces.live.com where I give more exam
    study tips as well as a list of the "skills being measured" for various
    exams. Somewhere on there I have a list that combines the 70-290 through
    70-296 exams.

    LarryWestMCSD, Dec 11, 2008
  6. If the 296 was passed a few years back but not the 292, would all 4 still
    need to be taken?

    Matthew Rosov, Dec 11, 2008
  7. "Matthew Rosov" <Matthew > wrote in message
    >> > I was told that the upgrades exam from 2000 MCSE to 2003 MCSE are not
    >> > available anymore. Is this true?

    >> That is correct. You have to take 70-290 and 70-291 instead of 70-292,
    >> and
    >> 70-293 and 70-294 instead of 70-296. If you look at the "skills being
    >> measured," they are 99% the same.

    > If the 296 was passed a few years back but not the 292, would all 4 still
    > need to be taken?

    No, once you've taken the exam, your credit for the exam is useful in
    perpetuity.

    It was only *access* to the exam that was retired.

    So, you'll still need to take the -290 and -291, but your -296 still
    provides credit for the -293 and -294.

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\), Dec 11, 2008
  8. I'm not as think as I drunk you are... Me

    TK [MCSE,MCT], Dec 12, 2008
  9. Nick

    Nick B Guest

    Nick B, Dec 13, 2008