    flash disk.

    TIA

    Gavin

    Gavin Tunney, Oct 17, 2003

  2. "Gavin Tunney" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Got a Compaq Evo T20, and was wondering if anyone knows much about
    > these. Its running a cut down version of NT, has 96mb flash, and the
    > problem is Internet Explorer. It's got IE 5.5 on it, and I wouldn't
    > mind using the T20 as a standalone unit just for internet use. How do
    > you update IE on a thin client.... it does connect to Windows update &
    > wants to download & install about 5mb of patches, but I'm a bit loathe
    > to go ahead with it until I know it won't trash the install on the
    > flash disk.

    Technically the devices can be flashed with a new ROM, try contacting HP to
    see if they offer such an upgrade for their device

    Nathan Mercer, Oct 21, 2003

  3. Gavin Tunney

    Gavin Tunney Guest

    On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 13:05:00 +1300, "Nathan Mercer"
    <nathan@4757979!!!SPAMSUCKS****mcs.co.nz> wrote:

    >"Gavin Tunney" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Got a Compaq Evo T20, and was wondering if anyone knows much about
    >> these. Its running a cut down version of NT, has 96mb flash, and the
    >> problem is Internet Explorer. It's got IE 5.5 on it, and I wouldn't
    >> mind using the T20 as a standalone unit just for internet use. How do
    >> you update IE on a thin client.... it does connect to Windows update &
    >> wants to download & install about 5mb of patches, but I'm a bit loathe
    >> to go ahead with it until I know it won't trash the install on the
    >> flash disk.

    >Technically the devices can be flashed with a new ROM, try contacting HP to
    >see if they offer such an upgrade for their device

    Thanks Nathan, but downloading & reinstalling a complete OS every time
    you want to patch IE is a little excessive don't you think?

    I'll bite the bullet & go the Windows update route some time. If all
    else fails I can always try installing Linux on it ;-)

    Gavin

    Gavin Tunney, Oct 31, 2003