    finding out which upgrades are available without trying to go to each and every
    individual site? Thanks.

    , Feb 24, 2007

  2. philo Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Years ago I had a prgram called Catch Up, which scanned the system and

    checked
    > the Internet to see what, if any, updates were available for installed

    programs,
    > and drviers. Is there any such thing out there now? Is there a convenient

    way of
    > finding out which upgrades are available without trying to go to each and

    every
    > individual site? Thanks.

    Most apps now days will automatically inform you if there are updates...

    As far as drivers go...
    if everything is working OK...chances are you don't need any updates.
    I've seen a few people actually harm their systems by updating perfectly
    good drivers

    philo, Feb 24, 2007

  3. Parko Guest

    On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 19:05:06 -0500, rfdjr1 :

    > Years ago I had a prgram called Catch Up, which scanned the system and checked
    > the Internet to see what, if any, updates were available for installed programs,
    > and drviers. Is there any such thing out there now? Is there a convenient way of
    > finding out which upgrades are available without trying to go to each and every
    > individual site? Thanks.

    Yeah: urpmi --auto-select

    [root@localhost Parko]# urpmi --auto-select
    The package(s) are already installed