    thanks a lot !

    Juan

    , Oct 8, 2007

  2. In article <>,
    <> wrote:

    >I am enabling the IDS feature on my pix. what is the process of
    >updating the signiture?

    The only way to update the signatures is to upgrade PIX versions.

    >Does the cisco updated the signitures at all?

    There were no signature updates in PIX 6. I believe that some new
    signatures got added in PIX 7 (relative to PIX 6).

    In several years, I found the PIX IDS useful only -once-. The rest
    of the time, it either produced nothing, or produced lots of messages
    that were "noise" because they represented constant conditions
    in the outside network that we had no control over (e.g., people
    sharing the network and whom had NETBIOS broadcasts turned on.)

    Walter Roberson, Oct 8, 2007