Updating MCSE NT to MCSE 2003

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Pungie, Jul 28, 2003.

  1. Pungie

    Pungie Guest

    I need to know the best upgrade path to get to MCSE 2003.
    I currently have a MCSE NT4 cert. My 2 electives are
    Exchange 5.5 and TCP/IP. A little old... haha

    I have taken the Win2K Pro and Server exams (70-210 and 70-
    215)

    What is quickest path to upgrading to a MCSE 2003 cert?
    What exams do I need to take?

    I already have material for the Win2K Network
    Infrastructure Exam? Can this count towards my 2003 cert.

    Electives do not appear to be necessary any longer. Is
    this right?

    Last but not least... what is the quickest way to obtain
    my MCP ans MCSE IDs? It's been so long sice I've needed
    them I don't know what they are.

    Thanks for your help.

    Pungie, Jul 28, 2003

  2. Great! It really depends on what you are working with now and what you want
    to do. For you, an easy path is to obtain the MCSA for Windows 2000
    certification. At that point you are qualified to take the 70-292 exam have
    have MCSA for Windows Server 2003. For the MCSE you can take it on either
    platform and it becomes a matter of what platforms you are using and what
    you are most comfortable with. Good luck!

    --
    Andy Ruth
    Microsoft Training and Certification

    rights.

    Andy Ruth [MS], Jul 29, 2003

  3. Pungie

    Pungie Guest

    Where do I go to update the info on my Microsoft
    Certification Profile?

    It's been so long since I used my Microsoft ID's, I'm not
    sure what they are. How do I find out what my MCP ID # or
    MCSE ID # are?

    I sent an email to Is there a
    quicker way to get my ID #s?

    we send out welcome
    >kits when you obtain a certification. When you achieve

    the certification
    >you'll receive a welcome email (to the email account you

    have in your
    >Microsoft certification profile; make sure it is correct)

    giving you access
    >to the site where you can request a welcome package.
    >
    >--
    >Andy Ruth
    >Microsoft Training and Certification

    confers no
    >rights.
    >
    >"Pungie" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Thanks for the reply. Let me know if this is correct.
    >>
    >> I have a MCSE NT4 with Exchange and TCPIP as Electives.
    >> Also I have taken 70-210(Admin W2K Pro) and 70-215(Admin
    >> W2K Svr)
    >>
    >> If I take 70-218 (Managing W2K Network)I will have a

    MCSA

    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp/mcsa/requirements.as
    >> Is this correct?
    >>
    >> Then I can Upgrade to MCSA in Win 2003 by taking the
    >> upgrade exam 70-292 (Managing and Maintaining Win 2003

    for
    >> MCSA W2K)
    >>
    >> Correct?
    >>

    >> Finally for the jump to MCSE 2003 I need to take:
    >> 70-293(Planning and Maintaining WinSvr 2003 Network
    >> Infrastructure)
    >> 70-294(Planning, Implementing and Maintaining WinSvr2003
    >> AD Infrastructure)
    >> 70-221(Design W2K Network Infrastructure)...I already

    have

    http://www.microsoft.com/Traincert/mcp/mcse/windows2003/mcs
    >> a.asp
    >>
    >> As for an elective for MCSE WinSvr2003, my MSCE NT4

    should
    >> take care of this requirement right? It appears this

    way

    http://www.microsoft.com/Traincert/mcp/mcse/windows2003/nt.
    >> asp
    >>
    >> In summary the exams I need to take are
    >> 70-218
    >> 70-292
    >> 70-293
    >> 70-294
    >> 70-221
    >>

    >> Sorry to be such a detail freak about this. I would

    just
    >> hate to waste time on the wrong exam. Or even worse...
    >> think I've taken all my exams and then wait for 6 months
    >> for my certificate only to be told I am missing an exam.
    >> Stupid me... this happend with my CNE5
    >>
    >> I hope I have this right. Please let me know. Thanks

    and

    Pungie, Jul 30, 2003
  4. That would be the quickest way to get it. They should respond to you within
    a day and will be able to provide you that information.

    Andy Ruth [MS], Jul 30, 2003