    areas are out of date.
    As far as I know it has the SD card which came with it.
    The maps on SD cards at Dick Smith are outrageously priced.
    Yeah Right, Jul 29, 2007

  2. Yeah Right

    Sir to you Guest

    On Jul 30, 9:58 am, Yeah Right <>
    wrote:
    > Can anyone tell me how to update maps on the Garmin Streetpilot?
    > With increased subdevelopments a lot of the maps for various
    > areas are out of date.
    > As far as I know it has the SD card which came with it.
    > The maps on SD cards at Dick Smith are outrageously priced.

    Easiest way is to PAY!

    The mapping data is very expensive - and will sometimes cost more than
    the unit itself.
    Sir to you, Jul 30, 2007

  3. Yeah Right wrote:
    > Can anyone tell me how to update maps on the Garmin Streetpilot?
    > With increased subdevelopments a lot of the maps for various
    > areas are out of date.
    > As far as I know it has the SD card which came with it.
    > The maps on SD cards at Dick Smith are outrageously priced.

    Ahhhhh! so you have found yourself on the hook............

    I have a navman and have learn t I'm on the $$ treadmill as well, if I
    want to keep current I have to pay..., it seems to take about 2 years
    for me to get sufficiently annoyed to buy the new maps.

    --
    Cheers
    Southern Kiwi
    Southern Kiwi, Aug 1, 2007