    does the two 4megs = 8?

    Thanks,
    Scott<-
    Scott Townsend, Apr 2, 2007

  2. Scott Townsend

    Guest

    On 2 Apr, 22:46, "Scott Townsend" <> wrote:
    > So I'm looking to update my 4500M.
    > The 'sh ver' says:
    >
    > cisco 4500 (R4K) processor (revision B) with 32768K/16384K bytes of memory.
    > 128K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.
    > 4096K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)
    > 4096K bytes of processor board Boot flash (Read/Write)
    >
    > The IOS I'm looking to download says
    > Min. Memory(MB) 32
    > Min. Flash 8
    > Image c4500-i-mz.122-40a.bin
    >
    > So waht is the 32/16meg
    > does the two 4megs = 8?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Scott<-

    Most likely 4.

    Some of the older high end routers (and yes the 4500M
    was highish end) had a seperate "boot helper" image and
    operational image.

    The boot flash is quite likely for the boot helper.

    the 32/16 is Total-RAM/io-ram, or is the total 48?
    Whatever, its the same for brand new kit so just look it up.
    , Apr 3, 2007