    don't want to have to wait for it to ship to me to install it.
    I really don't want to go to the additional expense for the Ultimate edition
    just to be able to install it the same day I buy it.
    =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZSBTdHJldWJlcg==?=, Feb 11, 2007

  2. First, just be aware that Vista Home Premium is not a direct equivalent to
    XP x64 Premium. The equivalent would be Vista Business. That being said, if
    you're in a home environment, it's probably a better fit to your needs.

    I don't know what the mechanism is for getting the 64-bit disks. So far I've
    only bought Ultimate, which comes with both disks. You might have better
    luck asking over on the Vista.General newsgroup, if only because you're more
    likely to run into someone who has been through this.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 11, 2007

  3. Thanks anyway. I decided to go for the Ultimate update after all. I read
    somewhere that if you get the Ultimate version you can buy 2 additional Home
    Premium keys for $50.00 each. Now to find where I read that.

    Thanks again,
    M.Streuber

    =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZSBTdHJldWJlcg==?=, Feb 11, 2007