    TIA
    Rick

    , Oct 13, 2004

  2. wrote:
    > I can not get Firefox to update.. I'm using the options menu,
    > software update,check now box. I click it,it runs, I get a message
    > telling me there is a critical update plus a 1.0 preview update.
    > I select the critical update & hit the install now button.
    > I get the box telling me it is d/l & installing updates but the
    > update is never d/l. I left the box open for 1 hour but nothing
    > was ever d/l or installed.
    >
    > What am I missing?? Everything else works fine.
    > TIA
    > Rick

    If the critical update you are talking about is the recent security
    patch, check about firefox, and look at the version number. If it says
    0.10.1, it installed.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 13, 2004

  3. Guest

    It shows .10 so I don't guess I got the update. For some reason
    it will not d/l it..

    > wrote:
    >> I can not get Firefox to update.. I'm using the options menu,
    >> software update,check now box. I click it,it runs, I get a message
    >> telling me there is a critical update plus a 1.0 preview update.
    >> I select the critical update & hit the install now button.
    >> I get the box telling me it is d/l & installing updates but the
    >> update is never d/l. I left the box open for 1 hour but nothing
    >> was ever d/l or installed.
    >>
    >> What am I missing?? Everything else works fine.
    >> TIA
    >> Rick
    >>

    >If the critical update you are talking about is the recent security
    >patch, check about firefox, and look at the version number. If it says
    >0.10.1, it installed.
    >
    >Lee

    TIA
    Rick

    , Oct 13, 2004
  4. viola Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > It shows .10 so I don't guess I got the update. For some reason
    > it will not d/l it..
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>> I can not get Firefox to update.. I'm using the options menu,
    >>> software update,check now box. I click it,it runs, I get a message
    >>> telling me there is a critical update plus a 1.0 preview update.
    >>> I select the critical update & hit the install now button.
    >>> I get the box telling me it is d/l & installing updates but the
    >>> update is never d/l. I left the box open for 1 hour but nothing
    >>> was ever d/l or installed.
    >>>
    >>> What am I missing?? Everything else works fine.
    >>> TIA
    >>> Rick
    >>>

    >>If the critical update you are talking about is the recent security
    >>patch, check about firefox, and look at the version number. If it says
    >>0.10.1, it installed.
    >>
    >>Lee

    > TIA
    > Rick

    same here
    i left for 5 hrs

    viola, Oct 13, 2004
  5. .brian. Guest

    (On 10/13/2004 1:25 PM) wrote:
    > It shows .10 so I don't guess I got the update. For some reason
    > it will not d/l it..

    The simplest way to get the update (if you are having problems) is to
    install it manually. All you have to do is go to the FTP location and
    click on the XPI file. Firefox may not allow you to install the XPI
    file since the location is not 'updates.mozilla.org', but all you need
    to do is click on the button near the toolbar and 'allow' the install.

    The update is here:
    [ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/0.10.1/patches/259708.xpi]

    --
    Brian

    Email Info -
    http://68.1.17.8/theferrets/email.htm