updating firefox 0.8 to current-are settings saved & are PDF openingprob's cured yet?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by dave, Aug 5, 2004.

  1. dave

    dave Guest

    I've changed quite a few settings in my firefox about.config and some
    other firefox 'preferences-like' documents (which I can't remember the
    names of right now). is it safe to update firefox to 093 witOUT first
    saving these settings (or files, as applicable) and having to 'swap out'
    files later when the new version is installed? if I need to save files
    to maintain my preferences (aka settings/whatever), names of those files
    please?

    also, firefox 0.8 (my copy anyway) seems to never -ever- be able to open
    ANY pdf documents. is this problem cured yet? (I have the newest reader,
    and I also tried the suggested 'liposuction'/pruning procedure for adobe
    reader - neither procedure helped). I'm on an XP home box.

    thanks much in advance

    dave
    --
    to reply, please remove the "weird stuff" from my email address. thanks.

    dave, Aug 5, 2004

  2. dave

    mike555 Guest

    Re: updating firefox 0.8 to current-are settings saved & are PDF opening prob's cured yet?

    dave <> wrote in message news:<zJsQc.24476$cv5.9302@lakeread07>...
    > I've changed quite a few settings in my firefox about.config and some
    > other firefox 'preferences-like' documents (which I can't remember the
    > names of right now). is it safe to update firefox to 093 witOUT first
    > saving these settings (or files, as applicable) and having to 'swap out'
    > files later when the new version is installed? if I need to save files
    > to maintain my preferences (aka settings/whatever), names of those files
    > please?
    >
    > also, firefox 0.8 (my copy anyway) seems to never -ever- be able to open
    > ANY pdf documents. is this problem cured yet? (I have the newest reader,
    > and I also tried the suggested 'liposuction'/pruning procedure for adobe
    > reader - neither procedure helped). I'm on an XP home box.
    >
    > thanks much in advance
    >
    > dave

    ==== I have XP home and I uninstalled Foxfire and installed the new
    version .9.3
    with no problems -- I think most settings are kept in your User
    profile , and are not uninstalled ..===========

    mike555, Aug 6, 2004