UpdatePanel Trigger - DefaultButton in ASCX Problem...

Discussion in 'Software' started by koraykazgan, Aug 14, 2007.

  1. koraykazgan

    koraykazgan

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2007
    Messages:
    5
    Hi all,

    I have a user control (ASCX). In that user control there is a panel, and inside that panel there is a textbox and a button. The panel has a DefaultButton property set, which is set to the button inside it.

    I also have a page, and on that page there are two instances of that user control (uc1 and uc2). I additionaly have an update panel on the page. In that update panel there is a label. This update panel has two async triggers defined, one for uc1 and the other one for uc2.

    What I want is simple. When I am in the textbox of uc1, type something and press enter (not clicking the button), I want the label to display the entered text. Also when I am entering text in the textbox of uc2 and press enter, the label should display the text of the textboxin uc2.

    So far so good, it is working in IE7. But I want this also to work in Firefox 2. In firefox, when I am in the textbox and press enter, nothing happens. If I remove the trigger of the update panel, it is working. Also, when I put the control directly on the page (without putting them in a user control), it is working too.

    I thought it is maybe not working because I have not defined the eventName of the trigger. So I have written an event for the usercontrol and raised that event in the user control ButtonClick event, and in the trigger I set EventName to that event, but it also doesn't worked in firefox.

    So I think this is a bug of the Update Panels Triggers. Please let me know, if I am doing something wrong.

    Thanks for help...
    koraykazgan, Aug 14, 2007