    Ian Whyte Guest

    After this update firefox no longer connects to any web sites at all,
    anyone else having this problem.

    Ian Whyte, Feb 8, 2008

  2. Ian Whyte

    Rom Guest

    On 8 Feb 2008 08:59:57 GMT, Ian Whyte wrote:

    > After this update firefox no longer connects to any web sites at all,
    > anyone else having this problem.

    Nope.

    The usual cause for what you've described after an update is a
    firewall blocking Firefox, so check and configure to allow access, and
    use another browser if more info/help is needed:
    <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firewalls>
    <http://support.mozilla.com/kb/Cannot+connect+after+upgrading+Firefox>

    --
    Rom

    Rom, Feb 8, 2008

  3. Ian Whyte wrote:
    > After this update firefox no longer connects to any web sites at all,
    > anyone else having this problem.

    open your firewall, remove the firefox entries, and try
    again. Does it work now?

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Feb 8, 2008
  4. Ian Whyte

    History Fan Guest

    "Ian Whyte" <> wrote in message
    > After this update firefox no longer connects to any web sites at all,
    > anyone else having this problem.

    When I saw the window announcing a new Firefox version, I was hoping it
    might be version 3.

    No problems so far with 2.0.0.12.

    History Fan, Feb 8, 2008
  5. Ian Whyte

    Ian Whyte Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo <>
    wrote in news:foi2e8$g7t$:

    > Ian Whyte wrote:
    >> After this update firefox no longer connects to any web sites at all,
    >> anyone else having this problem.
    >>

    > open your firewall, remove the firefox entries, and try
    > again. Does it work now?

    I am trying the new all in one AVG and that is what the problem was. Thanks
    For the help.

    Ian

    Ian Whyte, Feb 9, 2008
  6. Ian Whyte

    Geoff Guest

    History Fan wrote:
    > "Ian Whyte" <> wrote in message
    >> After this update firefox no longer connects to any web sites at all,
    >> anyone else having this problem.
    >>

    > When I saw the window announcing a new Firefox version, I was hoping it
    > might be version 3.
    >
    > No problems so far with 2.0.0.12.

    likely you will have to upgrade to v3 yourself
    upgrades and updates are different things

    Geoff, Feb 12, 2008