    Is there maybe an updated, idiot proof version anywhere that I can follow
    step by step and picture by picture to get this network up and running.Cheers,
    Steve

    =?Utf-8?B?UGFycm90?=, Jun 19, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UGFycm90?=

    Kevin Guest

    Amazingly enough, there is actually good information in Windows own Help and
    Support feature. Yes, I know it's quite a shock to the system, but the
    information in there is really very good and well written. You can also
    find this information in the Control Panel>Network and Internet
    Connections>Set up or Change Your Home Network.

    Kevin, Jun 19, 2005

  3. Yes, My flabber was completely gasted when i noticed the help section in
    windows XP.
    Sadly, it wasn't a great deal of help.
    Why not, Steve?
    OK, I'll tell you.
    Here is some of the blurb from the help pages.

    For a wireless connection, do the following:
    Click the wireless connection, and then, under Network Tasks, click Change
    settings of this connection. On the Wireless Networks tab, click a wireless
    network in the list, and then click Properties.
    On the Authentication tab, make sure that the Enable IEEE 802.1x
    authentication for this network check box is selected.

    All well and good if you can do anything under the Authentication tab. In
    my case, the whole page is greyed out and there is no way to change the tick
    boxes.
    Consequently, I can't get any further unless I want a connection to both of
    my computers that is wide open to anyone within range.

    =?Utf-8?B?UGFycm90?=, Jun 19, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?UGFycm90?=

    Kevin Guest

    So, I take it that you can not run the Network Setup Wizard?

    Kevin, Jun 20, 2005