    how the exam is split up and how well you did in each section.... I have
    never seen this before in any exams I have done (210, 215, 216, 217, 218,
    219 and 221). What other exams have the more helpful printouts?

    Mark Scott, Nov 1, 2003

  2. Mark Scott

    Plain Guest

    This is the new format with test score and break down of
    each section or skill tested. The new 70-218, 70-270 and
    many others are now in the format. It is more benefical to
    the test taker to see the area of strength and weakness.
    Much better than pass/fail!

    noticed a sheet with

    Plain , Nov 1, 2003

  3. Strangely, this is exactly how the exams used to be...

    Way back when (during the much revered days of adaptive testing) if
    you chose to go to Vue and avoid adaptive, you would get a score
    report.

    I have ones from a few years ago for 70-028 and 029 as well as 081
    that have break downs.

    I noticed this "innovation" like you on my 227 and 214.
    Interestingly, in the old scoring systems you couldnt fail in one
    section below 50%, the new style you clearly can (well judging from
    my transcript anyway)

    Legacy (pre-2000 exams) still score and some still break down
    and post 2000 (i.e. 2003 exams and electives). No scores on 2000 core
    :eek:(

    I understand that 270 is now scored and broken down too.

    Marlin Munrow, Nov 1, 2003
  4. Mark Scott

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    i got one of those at the end of the 70-218. yes, i agree, it's very
    helpful.

    i just did & passed the 70-217 yesterday. just a pass/fail at the end of
    that one. it would have been really nice to see a score & category
    breakdown of how well i did at the end of this exam. a lot more useful than
    knowing that info for the 70-218.

    on a personal note; i would really like to purchase some of that high end
    cocaine that the guy that finished the 70-217 exam in 15 minutes purchased!
    there were a lot of "new" & messed up microsoft questions. you can tell
    because the new question look different. on my screen they were a
    different font and had a blue border. and they were longer and you can tell
    that the writer is trying to mess you up.

    RY, MCSA

    Rowdy Yates, Nov 2, 2003