    states 1.06 security patch is available. When I click on the install
    button, the install screen appears but nothing happens. Finally
    downloaded and installed the patch manually.
    spooknews, Jul 24, 2005

  2. spooknews

    Moz Champion Guest

    spooknews wrote:
    > When I click on the auto update arrow in Firefox, I get a dialogue that
    > states 1.06 security patch is available. When I click on the install
    > button, the install screen appears but nothing happens. Finally
    > downloaded and installed the patch manually.

    What version were you using?
    Moz Champion, Jul 24, 2005

  3. spooknews

    spooknews Guest

    Moz Champion wrote:
    > spooknews wrote:
    >
    >> When I click on the auto update arrow in Firefox, I get a dialogue
    >> that states 1.06 security patch is available. When I click on the
    >> install button, the install screen appears but nothing happens.
    >> Finally downloaded and installed the patch manually.

    > What version were you using?

    1.05
    spooknews, Jul 24, 2005
  4. spooknews

    spooknews Guest

    Moz Champion wrote:
    > spooknews wrote:
    >
    >> When I click on the auto update arrow in Firefox, I get a dialogue
    >> that states 1.06 security patch is available. When I click on the
    >> install button, the install screen appears but nothing happens.
    >> Finally downloaded and installed the patch manually.

    > What version were you using?

    1.05
    spooknews, Jul 24, 2005
  5. spooknews

    Bunge Guest

    spooknews wrote:

    > Moz Champion wrote:
    >> spooknews wrote:
    >>
    >>> When I click on the auto update arrow in Firefox, I get a dialogue
    >>> that states 1.06 security patch is available. When I click on the
    >>> install button, the install screen appears but nothing happens.
    >>> Finally downloaded and installed the patch manually.

    >> What version were you using?

    > 1.05

    Explains that then, get ver: 1.06. Sorted!
    Bunge, Jul 24, 2005
  6. (On 7/24/2005 5:43 PM) Bunge wrote:
    > spooknews wrote:
    >
    >> Moz Champion wrote:

    >>> What version were you using?

    >> 1.05

    > Explains that then, get ver: 1.06. Sorted!

    And how does the OP having 1.05 explain the problem again -- I guess you
    know something about version 1.05 not supporting the update feature ;-)
    A manual install fixes FX to the newest version, but does not answer
    why the update patch wouldn't install properly.

    --
    Brian
    ::..BRIAN..::, Jul 25, 2005