    linux....
    iemand met ietsje meer knowhow hierover die het met me eens is?
    MVG

    Cyberpoof, Dec 31, 2008

  2. Cyberpoof

    David B. Guest

    This is an English speaking group, if you don't have that ability I suggest
    a group that speaks your native language.

    --

    ----
    Help Us Help You http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm

    David B., Dec 31, 2008

  3. It has been noted here that this IS NOT AN ENGLISH ONLY group!

    Carlos contributes quite frequently with Spanish responses
    since his native tongue is Spanish. We have others that
    assist those speaking German, French, Danish, and a couple
    of other languages.

    Your ill-informed remark would tend to lead on to think that
    perhaps you think the only world that exists is the U.S. of
    A.! Or, are you from New York? Well, there is more beyond
    your county line!!

    Bobby Johnson, Dec 31, 2008
  4. Cyberpoof

    Carlos Guest

    Hi Bobby,
    I tried a couple of translators (Dutch-English) but I still can't figure out
    the issue.
    Something happened to the OP during "second-Tuesday" monthly update in
    November.
    The file he mentions, MRT.exe, is MSFT Malicious Software Removal Tool.
    In Vista x64 it exists only in \system32.
    He mentions something about SysWow64 and, I think, the fact that MRT.exe is
    residing in both places.
    That is as far as I get.
    I am discarding the usual menace of going to Linux at the end of his post.
    I've got more important things to take care right now like the
    end-of-the-year dinner and the barbecue I will cook (Patagonian lamb, 3 hrs
    cooking time with firewood, NO charcoal!)
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Dec 31, 2008
  5. You're having Patagonia Lamb and you didn't invite us?

    Bobby Johnson, Jan 1, 2009
  6. Cyberpoof

    BP Guest

    Bobby mentioned the lamb. I'm looking at the blowing snow outside and
    temperatures in the negative degrees Fahrenheit and I remember the
    drive through the snow to and from work. That barbecue sure sounds
    nice. Hot dogs and burgers would be fine.

    Happy New Year!

    BP, Jan 1, 2009
  7. Though this is supposed to be almost Danish I have to hear it to make a
    better guess than you Carlos. I think you have very nearly hit the 'nail'.
    This is for Jud, I'm sure. I've often wondered if that shouldn't actually be
    Hendrijks???

    Maybe it's just me. Nice fellow just the same!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jan 1, 2009
  8. Cyberpoof

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    There is a legitimate file from Microsoft called mrt.exe. It is part of the
    Malicious Removal Tool software they provide. That file is placed in the
    system32 directory.

    For advice on malware of various kinds:
    http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/security
    http://castlecops.com/forum67.html
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24
    http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums...isplay.php?f=25
    http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Malw...his_Logs_Go_Her...
    http://gladiator-antivirus.com/foru...p?showforum=170
    http://forum.iamnotageek.com/f-130.html
    http://forums.maddoktor2.com/index.php?showforum=17
    http://www.spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5
    http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?showforum=18
    http://forums.techguy.org/f54-s.html
    http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showforum=27
    http://forums.subratam.org/index.php?showforum=7
    http://boards.cexx.org/viewforum.php?f=1
    http://www.malwarebytes.biz/forums/...php?showforum=5

    For Linux, my favourites are Ubuntu/Kububntu, Open Suse, and Sabayon

    http://www.ubuntu.com/
    http://www.novell.com/products/opensuse/
    http://www.sabayonlinux.org/

    However, much depends on your intended use and your level of experience.

    Good luck.
    --

    Tom
    MSMVP 1998-2007

    Tom Ferguson, Jan 1, 2009
  9. Cyberpoof

    Carlos Guest

    Bobby,
    You are always invited, if you can afford the air fares to these southern
    latitudes!
    :))))
    Carlos
    P.S.: Hic, hic, hic (hangover induced by heavy doses of Cabernet Sauvignon)

    Carlos, Jan 1, 2009
  10. You know, for Patagonian Lamb, I might just plan on it! After all, at least
    it's summer there.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 1, 2009
  11. Bobby, Bobby. While I agree completely with the sentiment, perhaps simply
    pointing out that we are, in fact, multilingual here and while there are
    limits to what support we can provide for non-English languages, we are
    certainly not an English only group. In fact, I see nothing wrong with your
    message at all, if you'd just drop the last paragraph. We try, even with the
    ill-informed, to maintain civility here. A strange concept on a newsgroup, I
    know, but this is really a "home", not a simple newsgroup. :)

    Thanks.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 1, 2009
  12. Cyberpoof

    Carlos Guest

    17 deg C today, quite hot by our standards.
    And speaking of Patagonian Lamb, these are Tierra del Fuego lambs, which are
    even better (tender and tasty, no need for additives like barbecue sauce,
    just middle-grain-size salt).
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jan 1, 2009
  13. Good lamb is a delight. Needs almost nothing but salt, maybe some pepper and
    rosemary, but honestly, not much of anything. I love lamb shoulders, slow
    roasted with onions, garlic, carrots, maybe some fennel.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 1, 2009
  14. Cyberpoof

    Carlos Guest

    Hmm... adding "fennel" (hinojo) to my English vocabulary.
    Will try that next time.
    Rosemary ("romero") is considered the standard down here for lamb.
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jan 1, 2009
  15. Hinojo is often grown for it's seed as an herb (related to anise), but the
    bulb of the plant is delicious roasted or braised. Primarily a fall or
    winter vegetable, we often have it braised as part of our Christmas dinner.

    Romero is the standard here, too. But try this next time you roast lamb: rub
    all over with salt, pepper and dried ginger. Make slits in the surface of
    the lamb, and put slivers of garlic in the slits, along with small sprigs of
    romero. The ginger is not "typical", but works really well.

    (and thanks for adding to my Spanish vocabulary!)

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 1, 2009
  16. Cyberpoof

    David B. Guest

    What's with the stick up your ass?

    --

    ----

    David B., Jan 2, 2009
  17. I get tired of UGLY AMERICANS thinking they're the only
    inhabitants of this planet!

    Bobby Johnson, Jan 2, 2009
  18. Cyberpoof

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Bobby:
    I agree with you fully and I'm an American (old - yes, ugly - my
    mother called me cute). The only language that I speak is American but I can
    understand most English and American dialects. Have a great and healthy New
    Year.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    XP x64 SP2, Vista Enterprise x64 SP1