    keep getting the same error message. I don't want to switch to another
    product -- just to fix the problem I've got with this one.
    WC
    WCH, Apr 22, 2004

  2. WCH

    Plato Guest

    WCH wrote:

    > keep getting the same error message. I don't want to switch to another
    > product -- just to fix the problem I've got with this one.

    Yet another victom of Nortons/Symantec

    Bet the author of that silly app had no fixes either eh?

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Apr 22, 2004

  3. WCH

    Linda Guest

    I use it without any problems. Not a solution to the op
    problem, but I take it that you've used it extensively to be
    able to make such a statement.

    Linda, Apr 22, 2004
  4. >>keep getting the same error message. I don't want to switch to another
    >>product -- just to fix the problem I've got with this one.

    > Yet another victom of Nortons/Symantec
    > Bet the author of that silly app had no fixes either eh?

    Isn't the "fix" usually waiting for the next version and paying the
    discounted "upgrade" fee?
    Alexander Rogge, Apr 23, 2004
  5. > Every time I update Norton Internet Security 2004 it shows me what needs
    > updating, d/l the updates, then stops during the installations and pops up
    > something about "you must update Symantec redirector first and then restart
    > your computer". Nothing about Symantec redirector even APPEARS in the items
    > to be updated.

    Check the Symantec Web site for patches. You could also install
    ZoneAlarm or Linux, and then you wouldn't need the Symantec software.

    > I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled the product but
    > keep getting the same error message. I don't want to switch to another
    > product -- just to fix the problem I've got with this one.

    You paid money for that silly software, so demand support for it from
    Symantec.
    Alexander Rogge, Apr 23, 2004