    It is very conveniently laid out. If they are good files, I would like to
    use the site. I'd appreciate anyone who has used them commenting.

    http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/
    MrB, Apr 6, 2004

  2. MrB

    °Mike° Guest

    Most of the "updates" just take you to a Microsoft
    direct download, however, some lead to third
    party links. Just use Windows Update.
    Never, ever, download security updates from
    anywhere other than Microsoft.

    On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 17:08:11 -0700, in
    <>
    MrB scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Apr 6, 2004

  3. MrB

    MrB Guest

    Mike, I agree. That is good advice. Unfortunately, I work in an environment
    where Windows Update is blocked. It is a military network that is very
    paranoid. Therefore, it is difficult to update computers. Sometimes they
    push updates, but more often than not, they screw it up. Also, I work on a
    lot of computers that are not going to be on the network, but am restricted
    anyway. That's why I found that site so attractive.

    MrB, Apr 6, 2004
  4. MrB

    °Mike° Guest

    It doesn't make sense to me, that they are paranoid
    about Windows Update, and yet pages such as that
    one are not blocked. Weird!

    Anyhow, why don't you send for the free Security CD?
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/cd/order.asp

    On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 17:57:19 -0700, in
    <>
    MrB scrawled:

    °Mike°, Apr 6, 2004
  5. MrB

    MrB Guest

    Mike, agreed, it doesn't make sense. They are in the process of turning the
    network over to a civilian agency (NMCI). One day the Internet will be
    great, the next, you can't get into Google. The Internet has been really
    messed up for the last couple of weeks as we near turnover. Also, I HAVE
    sent for the Security CD. In fact, I ordered it twice. I have twice been
    notified that it has been shipped and twice, it has not arrived. The
    shipping address is correct. I don't know why it isn't getting here. I also
    ordered the free Office 2k disk and it arrived as promised.

    Thanks

    MrB, Apr 6, 2004
  6. MrB

    Toolman Tim Guest

    The guys in the mail room are stealing disks again? :-þ

    Kidding aside, have them mail it to your home address instead...I got mine
    in less than two weeks.

    T.T.

    Toolman Tim, Apr 6, 2004
  7. MrB

    °Mike° Guest

    Same here; I got mine PDQ.

    On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 18:43:19 -0700, in
    <>
    Toolman Tim scrawled:

    °Mike°, Apr 6, 2004
  8. MrB

    MrB Guest

    Kidding aside, I used my home address.

    MrB, Apr 6, 2004
  9. MrB

    MrB Guest

    What the h...?

    MrB, Apr 6, 2004
  10. MrB

    Franklin Guest

    Franklin, Apr 6, 2004
  11. MrB

    ICee Guest

    MrB wrote:
    > Mike, agreed, it doesn't make sense. They are in the process of
    > turning the network over to a civilian agency (NMCI). One day the
    > Internet will be great, the next, you can't get into Google. The
    > Internet has been really messed up for the last couple of weeks as we
    > near turnover. Also, I HAVE sent for the Security CD. In fact, I
    > ordered it twice. I have twice been notified that it has been shipped
    > and twice, it has not arrived. The shipping address is correct. I
    > don't know why it isn't getting here. I also ordered the free Office
    > 2k disk and it arrived as promised.

    <snip>

    I was notified the disk was shipped on the 20th of last month and it
    finally showed up on Friday (2 April).
    ICee, Apr 6, 2004
  12. MrB

    °Mike° Guest

    Must be the UK postal service. :)

    On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 01:59:29 GMT, in
    <5aocc.25286$>
    Franklin scrawled:

    >Not me , They said they mailed it, but nothing. Is that a good thing? :)
    >
    >°Mike° wrote:
    >> Same here; I got mine PDQ.

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Apr 6, 2004
  13. MrB

    Soup Guest

    Soup just had to say
    > The guys in the mail room are stealing disks again? :-þ
    >
    > Kidding aside, have them mail it to your home address instead...I got
    > mine in less than two weeks.

    <snip>

    I ordered one, didn't seem to come for ages so ordered another one
    (about 8 weeks later), a week later one arrived then a week after
    that another one arrived, so now I have two (well 4 cos' you get a
    'demo' disc too).
    --
    Yours S. addy not usable (not that you would try it) ( )
    Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant! / \
    Soup, Apr 6, 2004
  14. MrB

    MrB Guest

    Maybe there's still hope.