Update site not available

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Little k, Jan 19, 2006.

  1. Little k

    Little k Guest

    Little k, Jan 19, 2006

  2. Little k

    old jon Guest

    old jon, Jan 19, 2006

  3. Little k

    Little k Guest

    "old jon" <> wrote in message
    news:_0Ozf.2718$...

    > "Little k" <> wrote in message
    >> Anyone else having problems connecting here...
    >> http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us
    >>

    > No problems here. Coventry, England.

    Thanks old jon but all I have been getting is...
    **The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
    trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the
    problem.**
    I've checked all the settings and everything is fine there. I also have a
    problem trying to sign into MSN Messenger. I went to there web site but they
    are not reporting any problems. I have scanned all my drives in case I had
    something stopping me accessing the site. All is clean . Stumped is not the
    word for it. I'll wait until tomorrow and try again. I can get onto any
    other site. Strange indeed.
    Little k, Jan 19, 2006
  4. Little k

    Little k Guest

    "old jon" <> wrote in message

    > "Little k" <> wrote in message
    >> Anyone else having problems connecting here...
    >> http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us
    >>

    > No problems here. Coventry, England.

    Got it sorted...
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,13199323?
    a.. Windows XP
    Resolutions
    1.. Register the following files
    a.. Click Start.
    b.. Choose Run.
    c.. In the Run box, type regsvr32 Softpub.dll.
    d.. Click OK.
    e.. Repeat steps 1 through 4 for the following files: Wintrust.dll,
    Initpki.dll, Mssip32.dll.
    2.. Register the following files
    a.. Click Start.
    b.. Choose Run.
    c.. In the Run box, type regsvr32 wuapi.dll.
    d.. Click OK.
    e.. Repeat steps 1 through 4 for the following files: wuaueng.dll,
    wucltui.dll, wups.dll, wuweb.dll,atl.dll.
    Little k, Jan 19, 2006
  5. Little k

    old jon Guest

    Glad you are sorted
    bw..OJ

    old jon, Jan 19, 2006
  6. Little k

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Little k" <> wrote in message

    > Anyone else having problems connecting here...
    > http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us

    I did at about 15:00 CET, but when I stopped dicking around with the new
    wireless connection, it was OK.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Jan 20, 2006