update problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Marco &Tracey Lynn Poffa, Dec 11, 2003.

  1. Hi,
    Try first put back your old card, run the system, after uninstall the
    hardware I mean the old card in the system. Turn off the PC add the new
    card, and I think its enough add the new drivers. When you start all this
    you cannot access to the system, at the first start press and hold F8 chose
    Safe mode and should be ok. GOOD LUCK

    Marco,

    "Clarissa Fowler" <> wrote in message
    > I was trying to put in a graffic card when I moved the PC
    > when I plugged it in again it said "Upgrade" I clicked it
    > and the computer ran through a lot of stuff then got hung up on a box that
    > said there was a pass word problem. Keeps comming back then shutting down
    > then repeating and the computer can only be shut off pulling the plug. (I

    am
    > using an old computer to send this) can anyone tell me what to do to get

    it

    Clarissa Fowler, Dec 11, 2003

  3. Marco &Tracey Lynn Poffa

    Harrison Guest

    When the computer is on, shut it off at the switch. You may have to
    hold the switch in for several seconds to accomplish this.
    This should force XP into the boot menu on the next restart so that
    you can choose Safe Mode.
    From Safe Mode, run the system restore utility.
    Start / Programs / Accessories / System Tools / System Restore
    Restore the computer to a date prior to the failed upgrade.

    Harrison, Dec 11, 2003
  4. <Harrison> wrote in message
    > When the computer is on, shut it off at the switch. You may have to
    > hold the switch in for several seconds to accomplish this.
    > This should force XP into the boot menu on the next restart so that
    > you can choose Safe Mode.
    > From Safe Mode, run the system restore utility.
    > Start / Programs / Accessories / System Tools / System Restore
    > Restore the computer to a date prior to the failed upgrade.

    I did get the computer to turn off with the switch but when
    I get it on safe mode--it has a whole lot of lines of words
    that filles the screen and then the problem comes badc again.
    Now what can I do?

    Clarissa Fowler, Dec 12, 2003