    any info.

    -sj
    , Nov 29, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > I have a Canon Powershot A510 and really like it. However, I can't
    > help thinking that they're eventually going to update it and use DIGIC
    > II. Does anyone know if this will happen next year maybe? Thanks for
    > any info.
    >
    > -sj

    :) Canon knew months in advance what you want for Christams. So they
    already released the A610 and A620.

    - Siddhartha
    Siddhartha Jain, Nov 29, 2005

  3. Paul Rubin Guest

    writes:
    > I have a Canon Powershot A510 and really like it. However, I can't
    > help thinking that they're eventually going to update it and use DIGIC
    > II. Does anyone know if this will happen next year maybe? Thanks for
    > any info.

    They already have the A410 with Digic II.
    Paul Rubin, Nov 29, 2005
  4. writes:

    > I have a Canon Powershot A510 and really like it. However, I can't
    > help thinking that they're eventually going to update it and use DIGIC
    > II. Does anyone know if this will happen next year maybe? Thanks for
    > any info.

    Um, the A610 is generally regarded as the replacement for the A510,
    and *it's* nearly a year old now.
    David Dyer-Bennet, Nov 29, 2005
  5. Paul Rubin Guest

    David Dyer-Bennet <> writes:
    > Um, the A610 is generally regarded as the replacement for the A510,

    I think the 410 is the replacement for the 510. The 610 is a more
    upscale model, bigger and more expensive. And the 610 is just a few
    months old, I thought.
    Paul Rubin, Nov 29, 2005
  6. Guest

    Thanks for all the replies. I knew about the A610, but I thought it
    was a replacement for the A95. I'll have to check out the A410.
    , Nov 30, 2005
  7. Mark² Guest

    wrote:
    > I have a Canon Powershot A510 and really like it. However, I can't
    > help thinking that they're eventually going to update it and use DIGIC
    > II. Does anyone know if this will happen next year maybe? Thanks for
    > any info.

    They already did...It's the 610/620.
    4 batteries...and Digic II.
    Very responsive...major improvement in both fps and video modes, too.
    Mark², Nov 30, 2005
  8. Mark² Guest

    wrote:
    > Thanks for all the replies. I knew about the A610, but I thought it
    > was a replacement for the A95. I'll have to check out the A410.

    It is very similar to the A95...just WAY faster/more responsive.
    Mark², Nov 30, 2005
  9. Darrell Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I have a Canon Powershot A510 and really like it. However, I can't
    > help thinking that they're eventually going to update it and use DIGIC
    > II. Does anyone know if this will happen next year maybe? Thanks for
    > any info.

    The Canon A510 has been discontinued...
    Darrell, Dec 12, 2005
  10. wrote:
    > I have a Canon Powershot A510 and really like it. However, I can't
    > help thinking that they're eventually going to update it and use DIGIC
    > II. Does anyone know if this will happen next year maybe? Thanks for
    > any info.

    Wouldn't that be the A520? I just bought one for my Mother. I guess I
    will find out how it works on Christmas day!

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Dec 23, 2005
  11. David Dyer-Bennet <> wrote:
    > writes:
    >
    >> I have a Canon Powershot A510 and really like it. However, I can't
    >> help thinking that they're eventually going to update it and use DIGIC
    >> II. Does anyone know if this will happen next year maybe? Thanks for
    >> any info.

    > Um, the A610 is generally regarded as the replacement for the A510,
    > and *it's* nearly a year old now.

    I could be wrong, but I think the A520 would be that replacement.

    http://tinyurl.com/ckn9t

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Dec 23, 2005
  12. Paul Rubin Guest

    "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <> writes:
    > > I have a Canon Powershot A510 and really like it. However, I can't
    > > help thinking that they're eventually going to update it and use DIGIC
    > > II. Does anyone know if this will happen next year maybe? Thanks for
    > > any info.
    > >

    > Wouldn't that be the A520? I just bought one for my Mother. I guess I
    > will find out how it works on Christmas day!

    The A520 is just a higher-res a510 with Digic 1. The 410 is probably
    the 510 replacement. It's smaller and cheaper and uses Digic 2.
    Towards the higher end is the 610/620. The 510/520 would sit between
    the 410 and the 610/620 slightly uncomfortably.
    Paul Rubin, Dec 23, 2005
  13. Paul Rubin <http://> wrote:

    >> Wouldn't that be the A520? I just bought one for my Mother. I guess I
    >> will find out how it works on Christmas day!

    > The A520 is just a higher-res a510 with Digic 1. The 410 is probably
    > the 510 replacement. It's smaller and cheaper and uses Digic 2.
    > Towards the higher end is the 610/620. The 510/520 would sit between
    > the 410 and the 610/620 slightly uncomfortably.

    I swore it said Digic II on the box, yet it is clearly labeled as Digic
    in the B&H link. Still, I wouldn't upgrade just to get to Digic II. My
    brother takes excellent photographs with his Digital Rebel (300D) and
    frankly, if the A510 serves well, just continue to use it.

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Dec 23, 2005