    sf Guest

    Why don't they make it easy on us and put update under Help instead of
    making us dig for it in Options?

    sf, Jun 27, 2006

  2. sf wrote:

    > Why don't they make it easy on us and put update under Help instead of
    > making us dig for it in Options?

    If they put it in help, then someone would ask
    "why dont they make it easy on us and put update under Options instead of
    making us dig for it in Help?" <g>

    Since update is an option (you can turn it off or set it for as much
    automatic as you wish) it can be seen as a 'non help' type offering tho
    obviously you dont quite see it that way. Placement in a menu (ANY menu) is
    at a premium these days, and discussions regarding WHICH menu is
    better/best/optimum/usercentric/etc can get quite convoluted indeed.

    MC (temp) Dan (no email), Jun 28, 2006

    MC (temp) Dan (no email), Jun 28, 2006
  4. sf

    Canopus Guest

    sf on 27/06/2006 wrote:

    >Why don't they make it easy on us and put update under Help instead of
    >making us dig for it in Options?

    ?!?! You mean "Help > Check for updates"? If so I think you need a new
    monitor :)

    --
    Rob

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/canopus_archives/

    Canopus, Jun 28, 2006
  5. sf

    Canopus Guest

    Canopus, Jun 28, 2006
  6. sf

    Troy Piggins Guest

    * sf wrote:

    > Why don't they make it easy on us and put update under Help instead of
    > making us dig for it in Options?

    Done. It's there now. HTH.

    --
    Troy Piggins : "My karma just ran over my dogma"
    ,-o

    Troy Piggins, Jun 30, 2006
  7. sf

    Troy Piggins Guest

    Troy Piggins, Jun 30, 2006
  8. sf

    sf Guest

    On 28 Jun 2006 13:44:16 GMT, Canopus wrote:

    > sf on 27/06/2006 wrote:
    >

    > >Why don't they make it easy on us and put update under Help instead of
    > >making us dig for it in Options?

    > ?!?! You mean "Help > Check for updates"? If so I think you need a new
    > monitor :)

    I'm not seeing it and I use v1.0.7.

    sf, Jun 30, 2006
  9. sf

    sf, Jun 30, 2006
  10. sf wrote:
    > On 28 Jun 2006 13:44:16 GMT, Canopus wrote:
    >
    >> sf on 27/06/2006 wrote:
    >>

    >> >Why don't they make it easy on us and put update under Help instead of
    >> >making us dig for it in Options?

    >> ?!?! You mean "Help > Check for updates"? If so I think you need a new
    >> monitor :)

    > I'm not seeing it and I use v1.0.7.

    You should update to version 1.5 1.5.0.4 is out

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jun 30, 2006

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jun 30, 2006
  12. sf

    Troy Piggins Guest

    * sf wrote:
    > On 28 Jun 2006 13:44:16 GMT, Canopus wrote:
    >
    >> sf on 27/06/2006 wrote:
    >>

    >> >Why don't they make it easy on us and put update under Help instead of
    >> >making us dig for it in Options?

    >> ?!?! You mean "Help > Check for updates"? If so I think you need a new
    >> monitor :)

    > I'm not seeing it and I use v1.0.7.

    Err, the latest version is 1.5.0.4
    You have to manually update to that one, then all good.

    --
    Troy Piggins : "My karma just ran over my dogma"
    ,-o
    o ) Ubuntu linux 6.06 http://ubuntu.com RLU#415538 http://counter.li.org
    `-o uptime: 13:36:04 up 1 day,15:01,2 users,load average:0.09,0.03,0.01

    Troy Piggins, Jun 30, 2006
  13. sf

    Troy Piggins Guest

    Troy Piggins, Jun 30, 2006
  14. sf

    sf Guest

    On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 13:37:00 +1000, Troy Piggins wrote:

    > * sf wrote:

    > >> ?!?! You mean "Help > Check for updates"? If so I think you need a new
    > >> monitor :)

    > > I'm not seeing it and I use v1.0.7.

    > Err, the latest version is 1.5.0.4
    > You have to manually update to that one, then all good.

    Thanks, I thought I updated it earlier this week... maybe I downgraded
    instead. :)

    sf, Jun 30, 2006
  15. sf

    sf, Jun 30, 2006