    windows xp
    IBM aptiva

    So basically i'm stuck at my grandparents for 3 weeks and their mediocre computer. My goal is to install world of wardraft (already did) and survive that way. But as soon as I opened world the computer system reboted itself. I tried again, same outcome. I looked it up said I need to update my ATI driver. Can anyone tell me where I can do this and what I need to do? Basically hold my hand =P

    straytalk, Jul 30, 2006

  2. straytalk

    thiena76

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2006
    Messages:
    4
    Dear sir!

    I have a GA-6WMMC7, Flash is N82802AB. I want to update bios for this mainboard.
    I tryed update it by some methods as bellow but not got result:

    * Utility in DOS: AF797c.exe from Flopy disk, File name to program is: '6WMMC7.f8'
    but it not run. After that I tryed run this file on HDD but I got the result the same.

    * Utility in Windows:
    - When running file 'FLASH853': I selected Chipset is '8086' and
    Part list is:'N82802AB'(named on Flash), I thing they are right with this mainboad.
    File load is '6WMMC7.f9g' or '6WMMC7.f9e' (this file is already on same path with 'FLASH853').
    But have notice this file error.
    - I downloaded file Gigabyte's 'driver_gbttools_gbt_@bios.exe' and Installed it in Windows,
    When run @bios I receive a Notice 'Unknown Flash Type or Bios Write Protection!!!'.
    I can't open @bios windown to view that 'About this program option in @Bios' as show
    in 'Flashbios_atbios.pdf' file.

    - I can not find Q-Flash in BIOS. I thing this Mainboard not support Q_Flash function.
    Can you help me.

    Thanks for your help
    Hoang Van Thien
    Vietnam Airlines.