UPDATE: Dead Laptop comes back to "Life" Mystery

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Brad, Apr 26, 2008.

  1. Brad

    Brad Guest

    Hi,

    Well it didn't last long, around 6 days, but this time it "died" while
    I was downloading. I will not spend any more time trying to fix this
    Compaq Presario 1200XL110. I removed the 3V RTC/CMOS battery,
    which I bought new. I check the voltage (2.98V).

    Brad

    Brad, Apr 26, 2008

  2. Brad

    Neil Green Guest

    "Brad" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Well it didn't last long, around 6 days, but this
    > time it "died" while
    > I was downloading. I will not spend any more time
    > trying to fix this
    > Compaq Presario 1200XL110. I removed the 3V
    > RTC/CMOS battery,
    > which I bought new. I check the voltage (2.98V).
    >
    > Brad

    It's probably a bad track or dry joint on a PCB
    somewhere.
    Probably too expensive to diagnose and repair.

    Neil Green, Apr 27, 2008