update:can't connect to some sites

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Chris Rupert, Sep 13, 2004.

  1. Chris Rupert

    Chris Rupert Guest

    Hey all;

    I posted the letter below a week or so ago. If anyone's interested, I found
    the problem - it ended up being the modem itself. Seems the Speedstream 3060
    has some issues with my system. A 5260 works fine.

    Thanks

    I have recently installed Windows 2K (from 98SE) and ever since I've been
    having problems connecting to certain web sites. For instance, I can't bet
    to microsoft.com, or mcafee.com. Sounds kind of like a DoS worm, but my
    antivirus software doesn't find anything (although it did earlier and I got
    rid of the files). The other odd thing is I can't hit a few sites that you
    wouldn't think a worm would care about, like ebay.com, or www.matercare.org,
    or napster.ca (which I think is only a few days old.
    Another interesting thing: I had this problem after the 1st install I did of
    Windows 2K. Rather than screw with it, I just reformatted and reinstalled.
    After the reinstall I installed my mobo drivers, them modem drivers, and
    tried microsoft.com right away, and it wouldn't connect.

    Any ideas what's going on here?

    Thanks
    Chris Rupert, Sep 13, 2004