    Does anyone have any experience with upconversion?

    If I have a hi-def TV, does upconversion even do anything? I need a new DVD
    player anyway and was wondering if an UC will be better.
    CJ, Sep 17, 2005

  2. CJ

    Biz Guest

    It completely depends on your tv, and the upscaling player you choose, and
    how descrimintating your eyes are. There is a great forum that deals with
    this stuff over at www.avsforum.com

    Biz, Sep 17, 2005

  3. CJ

    Jordan Guest

    I bought an LG upconverting player that does both upconversion and
    over-air HDTV reception.

    My TV does all HDTV resolutions up to 1080i, and my regular DVD player
    does do progressive playback with component cables (the LG player uses
    a DVI connection.)

    In all honesty, I've tried several different discs and I really can't
    see the difference. The HDTV signals look brilliant though.

    - Jordan
    Jordan, Sep 17, 2005
  4. CJ

    Darkknight Guest

    you cannot get better quality than your base material, or in other words
    : shit in shit out.

    Darkknight, Sep 17, 2005
  5. CJ

    Aphelion Guest

    > My TV does all HDTV resolutions up to 1080i, and my regular DVD player
    > does do progressive playback with component cables (the LG player uses
    > a DVI connection.)

    My TV does 480p and 1080i, but no 720p. How would this affect an UC DVD
    player if I bought one?

    Thanks,
    Aphelion
    Aphelion, Sep 17, 2005
  6. CJ

    Biz Guest

    "Aphelion" <> wrote in message
    > My TV does 480p and 1080i, but no 720p. How would this affect an UC DVD
    > player if I bought one?

    Pretty simple really, you use 480i/p, or 1080i
    Biz, Sep 17, 2005
  7. CJ

    Jordan Guest

    My UC player lets me choose between 720p and 1080i.

    - Jordan
    Jordan, Sep 17, 2005
  8. CJ

    Aphelion Guest

    > Pretty simple really, you use 480i/p, or 1080i

    What I'm asking is can you UC 480p to 1080i?

    Aphelion
    Aphelion, Sep 18, 2005