    Sorry, Charlie!
    :)
    Carlos
    Carlos, Apr 7, 2010

  2. Carlos

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    On 07/04/2010 in message
    <> Carlos wrote:

    >Adobe has posted today:
    >http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/000/6b3af6c9.html
    >that 64-bit flash support will be available after the upcoming 10.1
    >release.
    >The day we can use 64-bit explorer with flash is coming near.
    >Sorry, Charlie!
    >:)
    >Carlos

    Looking forward to a 128 bit browser now :-(

    --
    Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
    All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.
    Jeff Gaines, Apr 7, 2010

  3. Don't get too excited.

    Adobe has been posting that same information for about 2 years now,
    maybe longer. A Google dates it back to November 7, 2008.

    Notice it states "Last updated:2010-04-07"

    Bobby Johnson, Apr 7, 2010
  4. Here's one that dates it to April 12, 2007:
    http://www.vistax64.com/software/56023-flash-player-help.html

    Quote:

    Adobe is working on Flash Player support for 64-bit platforms as part of
    our ongoing commitment to the cross-platform compatibility of Flash
    Player. We have not yet announced timing or release
    dates...........................

    End Quote.

    Apparently it's not a high priority with Adobe!

    Bobby Johnson, Apr 7, 2010
  5. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Bobby,
    What I wanted to point out is that today they confirmed that after Flash
    10.1 release (now in RC stage), the next version would be 64-bit.
    We are closer, but who knows how closer?
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Apr 7, 2010
  6. Carlos,

    I understand your enthusiasm for the 64-bit Flash, but since Adobe has
    been promising it will be in the "next" release for over 3 years now
    it's like the boy who cried "wolf" too many times until no one believed
    it when there actually was a wolf.

    Bobby...

    Bobby Johnson, Apr 7, 2010
  7. Carlos

    Drew Guest

    They just need to ban 32bit!!.... naah too difficult unfortunately. someday
    when we are old and gray!

    Drew, Apr 7, 2010
  8. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    It's funny to see that we have the same "wolf" ("lobo") analogy in Spanish.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Apr 7, 2010
  9. Ah, the good days are going. Sigh. ;)

    Of course, now that Silverlight is here, does anyone really want Flash?

    [/tongue_in_cheek]

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 8, 2010
  10. Yup, as do many of us. That's why Carlos had the "Sorry Charlie" comment to
    me. ;)

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 8, 2010
  11. [giggles]
    And with HTML5 does anyone really want Silverlight or Flash?
    [/giggles]

    John J. Jobst, Apr 8, 2010
  12. Carlos

    PhilS Guest

    Does Silverlight support 64-bit IE8 ?

    PhilS, Apr 8, 2010
  13. no, not yet. another one of the good things about 64-bit IE

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 8, 2010
  14. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    I knew you would not resist my post.
    Gotcha!
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Apr 8, 2010
  15. I would like to comment on your statement. This is not an issue with 64-bit
    IE, it is an issue with 64-bit browser plug-ins (in this case, Flash). If
    all our plug-ins were available in 64-bit, everybody would be perfectly
    happy. This is why the subject of this thread mentions Flash and not IE. Any
    other 64-bit browser will (not) display a page with Flash just like IE. So
    don't blame Microsoft, that's why they still give us a 32-bit version of
    IE8.
    --
    Nathan Sokalski

    http://www.nathansokalski.com/

    Nathan Sokalski, Apr 8, 2010
  16. Excuse me, I never blamed IE, nor do I frankly give a hoot. I happen to use
    IE, but not because I care one way or another. If you'd _read_ the thread,
    you'd understand that SOME of us prefer to have a browser without all those
    addins. We use 64-bit IE for the explicit purpose of NOT having flash or
    silverlight or whatever piece of bloat ware thinks it ought to own my
    browser. So having 64-bit add-ins would NOT make me happy.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 8, 2010
  17. Yup, you got me. :)

    I've been offline most of the week, just getting back in harness.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 8, 2010
  18. Carlos

    Tom Lake Guest

    We use 64-bit IE for the explicit purpose of NOT having flash or
    > silverlight or whatever piece of bloat ware thinks it ought to own my
    > browser. So having 64-bit add-ins would NOT make me happy.

    You can still use 32-bit IE and not have any add-ons. The choice to run
    them or not is totally up to you.

    Tom Lake
    Tom Lake, Apr 9, 2010