    Sailor Sam Guest

    Is there a list of food related barcodes, or do I have to scan items at
    the supermarket and do a lot of data entry myself?
    Sailor Sam, Dec 3, 2009

  2. Sailor Sam

    EMB Guest

    Sailor Sam wrote:
    > Is there a list of food related barcodes, or do I have to scan items at
    > the supermarket and do a lot of data entry myself?

    Probably the latter. Depending on what you want to do with the data you
    *might* get Foodstuffs to give you an electronic copy with zero pricing.
    Failing that you could find a friendly grocer and bribe a copy of the
    POS pricefile out of him.
    EMB, Dec 3, 2009

  3. Sailor Sam

    victor Guest

    EMB wrote:
    > Sailor Sam wrote:
    >> Is there a list of food related barcodes, or do I have to scan items
    >> at the supermarket and do a lot of data entry myself?

    > Probably the latter. Depending on what you want to do with the data you
    > *might* get Foodstuffs to give you an electronic copy with zero pricing.
    > Failing that you could find a friendly grocer and bribe a copy of the
    > POS pricefile out of him.

    There are some online
    http://gepir.gs1.org/V31/xx/
    http://www.ean-search.org/
    http://www.upcdatabase.com/
    http://www.adams1.com/faq.html#upclist
    victor, Dec 3, 2009
  4. Sailor Sam

    EMB Guest

    EMB, Dec 3, 2009
  5. Sailor Sam

    Sailor Sam Guest

    EMB wrote:
    > victor wrote:
    >>
    >> There are some online
    >> http://gepir.gs1.org/V31/xx/
    >> http://www.ean-search.org/
    >> http://www.upcdatabase.com/
    >> http://www.adams1.com/faq.html#upclist

    Bonus, thanks.

    > I went down that track a couple of years ago. Most of them are very
    > light on products sold in NZ - the UPC ones are US-centric in the
    > extreme, and the EAN ones have very little coverage of the 93... (Aus)
    > and 94... (NZ) number series so are pretty useless here.

    I'll follow up your other idea there, and if successful will publish the
    listing(s)
    Sailor Sam, Dec 3, 2009