    Normal focus range 50 cm - Infinity (19.7 in - Infinity)
    Macro focus range 7 cm - 70 cm (2.7 in - 27.5 in) .

    Rosita

    HRosita, Jul 15, 2003

  2. Hey

    Im kind of new to digital photography, and have a Kodak DX4900 digital
    camera. I like it, and it does the job. I usually run it on 4.0 MP, but I
    am having some bother getting decent photos of things close up.

    Any pictures I do take a blurry and not at all sharp.

    What should I do? Should I stay a distance and use the zoom? Get closer?
    With or without flash? It seems like the auto-focus is a bit haywire, as
    I have taken some photos where stuff in the background is more in focus.

    Any ideas much apperciated. Thanks.

    --
    Matt

    Fear of a flat planet

    Matthew Paterson, Jul 15, 2003

  3. HRosita

    Silvio Dante Guest

    Matthew Paterson <> staggered into the Bada Bing and
    slurred:

    >Im kind of new to digital photography, and have a Kodak DX4900 digital
    >camera. I like it, and it does the job. I usually run it on 4.0 MP, but I
    >am having some bother getting decent photos of things close up.
    >
    >Any pictures I do take a blurry and not at all sharp

    It's possible that you're not allowing the camera to focus.

    You should depress the shutter switch halfway and wait a second or two to
    let the camera focus; then push the shutter switch all the way down to take
    the picture. Also set the camera to its MACRO mode for close-ups.

    "She's so fat, her blood type is Ragu."

    Silvio Dante, Jul 16, 2003
  4. "Silvio Dante" <> wrote in message
    > Matthew Paterson <> staggered into the Bada Bing and
    > slurred:
    >
    > >Im kind of new to digital photography, and have a Kodak DX4900 digital
    > >camera. I like it, and it does the job. I usually run it on 4.0 MP, but I
    > >am having some bother getting decent photos of things close up.
    > >
    > >Any pictures I do take a blurry and not at all sharp

    > It's possible that you're not allowing the camera to focus.
    >
    > You should depress the shutter switch halfway and wait a second or two to
    > let the camera focus; then push the shutter switch all the way down to

    take
    > the picture. Also set the camera to its MACRO mode for close-ups.

    A camera on auto-focus should not take a picture until it has set the focus.
    If it is unable to set the focus properly, thre suggested delay won't help.

    Marvin Margoshes, Jul 16, 2003