    to change it again after I boot up and/or go back on line. Would
    appreciate any help.
    Al

    Albert Roth, Oct 26, 2003

  2. Albert Roth

    HG Guest

    try this

    http://www.friendshipcoffee.com/messenger.html

    "Albert Roth" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I just got something that pops up on my browser (I.E. 6) that is a real
    > nuisance. It's called Privacy Report to the best I can determine. It
    > apparently tries to sell me on downloading some program that will scan my
    > computer for stuff I don't want others to see and then can remove it.
    > Apparently, I got this junk into my computer, without my asking for it,
    > while surfing the Internet.
    > Does anyone know how I can remove this spam junk from my computer? I do
    > use AdAware and Pop Up Killer. The spam or whatever it is has almost

    taken
    > over my computer. Even changed my homepage to some kind of web search.
    > Even if I change back to my original home page, it seems to have the

    ability

    HG, Oct 27, 2003

  3. Albert Roth

    LarryLamb Guest

    > I just got something that pops up on my browser (I.E. 6) that is a real
    > nuisance. It's called Privacy Report to the best I can determine. It
    > apparently tries to sell me on downloading some program that will scan my
    > computer for stuff I don't want others to see and then can remove it.
    > Apparently, I got this junk into my computer, without my asking for it,
    > while surfing the Internet.
    > Does anyone know how I can remove this spam junk from my computer? I do
    > use AdAware and Pop Up Killer. The spam or whatever it is has almost taken
    > over my computer. Even changed my homepage to some kind of web search.
    > Even if I change back to my original home page, it seems to have the ability
    > to change it again after I boot up and/or go back on line. Would
    > appreciate any help.
    > Al

    Take a look here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;320159

    And to stop it happening again you can install a utility like FreeSurfer, which
    is actually a highly effective pop-up ad stopper, but also has a homepage
    locking facility. You’ll find it at:
    http://www.kolumbus.fi/eero.muhonen/FS/fs.htm .

    LarryLamb, Oct 27, 2003